Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opionions on what to do with my brake lines after 2.5" lit

Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opionions on what to do with my brake lines after 2.5" lit

Went from a Teraflex leveling kit and installed a Teraflex 2.5" lift with shocks. The kit comes wth drop brackets for the rear, but nothing for the front. I have a 2013 JK Rubi. It has those funky brake line brackets for the front. If I let the front go full droop I'll rip my lines out. I would like some ideas on what to do with the bracket. Tried removing it, but that is not easy.....I will install longer brake lines in the future but just not in the budget a the moment. I was wondering what others have done to deal with it......?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your stock lines will be fine in the front. However some customers have just unbolted the retailer bracket at the axle. We have actually use those stock fronts on a 6" lift, you just have to route them a little different.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Your stock lines will be fine in the front. However some customers have just unbolted the retailer bracket at the axle. We have actually use those stock fronts on a 6" lift, you just have to route them a little different.
Really???
They are way too short on my rig. I can't let it full droop, otherwise it will rip the stock lines. How do you route the brake lines? Do you have a pic or diagram?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Bump for this info or info on how to get the brake lines out of that bracket. I could only open it enough to get the lines to slide in the bracket, but not come out of it.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

I used a Dremel to cut the bracket away from the brake line. A little care is required so of course you don't nick the lines. Also, take your time so the friction heat doesn't start damaging/melting the line as well. You can then leave as is or re-route. Can't imagine compressing the springs enough to pinch the lines. I have had no issues.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

two pairs of channel locks will do the trick you need to use some muscle and they will pry open. then zip tie to the shocks.

Last edited by jadmt; 06-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ziptied mine to the shocks exactly like jadmt did. So far so good..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't like the OEM lines either so I ordered extended ones. $140 for front and rears wasn't too bad.

Quick Reply: Need opionions on what to do with my brake lines after 2.5" lit