Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need your Opinion!

Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need your Opinion!

I recently purchased some gears (Superior) from a vendor. In order to save money, the vendor chose to put master kits from another supplier other than the actual gear manufacturer and pass that savings on to the buyer. Not a bad idea and I like to save money... except when the kits went out, his supplier (not Superior) ended up putting wrong parts in there and it has made HUGE mess of everything. I've been having the work done at my nearest Jeep dealer (which is a whole nuther issue). Anyway, when the wrong parts were attempted to be installed, it certainly caused extra labor time but also jacked up my carrier and one of the races in the front end. Long story short, it's costing me more money than it should have let alone being without my Jeep for quite a bit longer than anticipated.

I'd like to get your opinions as to whether or not you feel the vendor I bought my gears from should volunteer to help out a little... at a minimum I kind of felt like they should help out with maybe a store credit. Not equal to the gears I purchased... but something to say "sorry dude, I screwed up".

This wasn't intentional however, the facts are the facts... and when I've done something in the past that caused another some issues, I have taken care of it right away in a manor I'd expect to be treated as well.

I should also note that at this point, I have only hinted around to the vendor but have not come right out and ask for him to step up.

So give me your thoughts! Sorry it's long winded
Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

It would be nice if he did give you something for your troubles, but I don't think he has too. It would be points in his favor to help you out, because then you would tell others what a stand up guy he is. He would have a happy customer (You) and he would get more business by word of mouth(Also you). Good luck hope he helps you.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think that the vendor owes you at least a little store credit. Saving you money is nice but you ordered somehting different than what they shipped, and you got something even worse.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I know who the vendor in question is :sad:

We initially purchased overhual kits from Precision gear to be able to offer everybody alot better deal on the prices that superior was and is charging for bearings and seals. This came back to bite us when we realized that the parts did not match up on the precision gear kit. Long story short it was a mistake on the part of us to try and save everybody alot of money and a mistake on the part of precision gear to have the wrong bearings in the kit.

I am very sorry for the mix up as we never like to make a install more difficult.

One thing to note here is we were all over this dealership tyring to figure out what was wrong for approx a week and they never would answer the phone. So after roughly 4-7 days they finally figured out the issue and we overnighted the parts to the dealer to correct the issue.

I am not trying to pass the blame at all but for the dealer to charge you more is insane like i told you on the phone anytime you are rebuilding a diff the installer should always check bearing numbers before installing That is one of the first things they should have done. 99.9% of the time they are the same but you always want to check to make sure.

With all that said I will do everything i can to help you out doesnt make much sense why this post made it here considering we have talked on the phone 15 times or more.

David
Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I think I know who the vendor in question is :sad:

We initially purchased overhual kits from Precision gear to be able to offer everybody alot better deal on the prices that superior was and is charging for bearings and seals. This came back to bite us when we realized that the parts did not match up on the precision gear kit. Long story short it was a mistake on the part of us to try and save everybody alot of money and a mistake on the part of precision gear to have the wrong bearings in the kit.

I am very sorry for the mix up as we never like to make a install more difficult.

One thing to note here is we were all over this dealership tyring to figure out what was wrong for approx a week and they never would answer the phone. So after roughly 4-7 days they finally figured out the issue and we overnighted the parts to the dealer to correct the issue.

I am not trying to pass the blame at all but for the dealer to charge you more is insane like i told you on the phone anytime you are rebuilding a diff the installer should always check bearing numbers before installing That is one of the first things they should have done. 99.9% of the time they are the same but you always want to check to make sure.

With all that said I will do everything i can to help you out doesnt make much sense why this post made it here considering we have talked on the phone 15 times or more.

David
I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the way that you and the company you work with has dealt with this forum and it's individuals.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Long story short it was a mistake on the part of us to try and save everybody alot of money and a mistake on the part of precision gear to have the wrong bearings in the kit.
It wasn't a mistake to try and save everybody money. People work really hard for their money and they appreciate it when someone supplies them with a quality product for a good price. I'm sure it's worked far more often than it's not.

Good for you, for standing up and saying, "Yup it was me." I don't think the poster or anyone else is thinking poorly of you. I think it was a legitimate, "okay what do I do now."

EDIT: Kind of like how I appreciated the awesome deal on the Powerplant. I was leaning towards going with something cheaper even know I really wanted the winch with the compressor until that deal came up.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like Northridge stepped up and owned up to trying to save everyone money only to admit it backfired and he corrected the issue. Granted if the Dealer doesn't pick up kinda hard to give help.

I think this thread says a lot to the credibility of Northridge and as a Sponsor of this site.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Can somebody give me the part numbers for 4.88s and the overhaul kits for the front and rear Rubicon so that things go together smoothly.
Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

D44488JK and D44488JKR are the correct part numbers for your rubi.

Superior part numbers for overhual kits are 35-2051 and 35-2052

If you recieved precision gear bearing kits just make sure the front outer pinion bearing is correct I will get the number for you Superior will not give it to us because it is a big secret
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Dave you have PM

Quick Reply: Need your Opinion!