Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New EVO tire carrior

Old 09-10-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New EVO tire carrior

Ha... So much hate on TF's $600-$700 hinge carrier now EVO makes one. I will admit its nice just some irony there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3786897308.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	656453  
Old 09-10-2016, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Ha... So much hate on TF's $600-$700 hinge carrier now EVO makes one. I will admit its nice just some irony there.
I think TF is made in China and EVO is made in the USA with better and thicker quality steel.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Somebody prove the TF carrier is made in China ?

The EVO design looks simpler w/ a lot less going on. Flat steal rather then stamped = stronger.

Just think is funny Truss and now a hinge style carrier. Cant beat em join em LOL
Old 09-10-2016, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Going to stick with the best and original, Teraflex. They did the R&D and released the original that Rugged, Quadratec and now EVO have all copied. The main part of the Teraflex is cast Aluminum. Too much misinformation in forums, do your research, visit the Mfg sites and read the specs on each yourself.

I've been happily running the Teraflex for over three years. No complaints and would buy again.

Last edited by TxJeepers; 09-10-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Somebody prove the TF carrier is made in China ?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-245907/page2/

Read post # 11
Old 09-11-2016, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

old eddy always complains of copy cats looks like ol evo flattering the hell out of TF. Rock on TF lol.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep. I would love to see what they are saying over on WOL about this one. So now that one of their favorite companies copies someone like TF it will be ok, right? After all, it's welded steel, not stamped. It's the same damb thing, so they better be ripping EVO for it. They won't be.

What's the max tire size? I need to look into it. Probably not rated for my tires.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hypocritical SOBs. Just read through a thread on WAL about it. Never once mentioned that it is a copy cat design and shouldn't be used because of it. Sure, they said it's better because of the way it's made and where it's made (and I do agree with them), but never mentioned it's a copy of someone else's idea and shame on them. It's fine for EVO to copy, just don't ever copy EVO or Dynatrac (or you'll be banned and no longer a minion).

Also looked at EVO's site. It's only good for up to 37s. Guess I'll have to build my own to hold 40s one day.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Hypocritical SOBs. Just read through a thread on WAL about it. Never once mentioned that it is a copy cat design and shouldn't be used because of it. Sure, they said it's better because of the way it's made and where it's made (and I do agree with them), but never mentioned it's a copy of someone else's idea and shame on them. It's fine for EVO to copy, just don't ever copy EVO or Dynatrac (or you'll be banned and no longer a minion). Also looked at EVO's site. It's only good for up to 37s. Guess I'll have to build my own to hold 40s one day.
Not really a copy just ironic they come out with a similarly priced carrier. When many claimed they run stock over a overpriced carrier.

Fwiw i dont know why i said stamped i meant to say cast which is actually pretty strong.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 09-13-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If by copy you mean it also mounts to the body and tail gate, sure. If that's the case then all lift kits are copies, since they all use the same parts: springs, shocks, and control arms.

Quick Reply: New EVO tire carrior