Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New grill opinions

Old 03-22-2016, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
I think you should take it up a notch.....
1. angry eyes
2. unibrow
3. 7 slot delete
4. americana flag

....mixed with this.....

Attachment 641533

DAAAAAAAMMMMNNN GINA!
It's like a VW beetle ****ed a jeep
Old 03-22-2016, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to see it installed, I probably wouldn't rock it because I am somewhat of a traditionalist lol....but that doesn't mean it couldn't look cool on some vehicles! In for pics
Old 03-23-2016, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
I think you should take it up a notch.....
1. angry eyes
2. unibrow
3. 7 slot delete
4. americana flag

....mixed with this.....

Attachment 641533

DAAAAAAAMMMMNNN GINA!
Lmao! Nice
Old 03-23-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2179984981.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	641609

Well forgot the eyelashes have to pick those up next week. But, here it is as it sits
Old 03-23-2016, 09:02 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rostr02
Attachment 641609

Well forgot the eyelashes have to pick those up next week. But, here it is as it sits
I like the 7 slots but that actually doesn't look too bad. I think it would look much better with a good aftermarket front bumper or trimmed caps on the stock and go stubby. Just something a little more aggressive in the bumper dept is all....
Old 03-23-2016, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rostr02
Attachment 641609

Looks good! I still think the red is a bit much. Also, that accent on the bumper kind of throws it off. But I like the flag!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I'll admit it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. It kind of has a futuristic look/feel to it. However, I won't say I particularly like it since I gravitate more towards the Jeep heritage styling cues which includes the 7 slot grill and round headlights. So I wouldn't buy something like this if Jeep came out with this type of styling, and I would shy away from purchasing a Used JK if the previous owner didn't include the OEM grill. I don't like the square headlights on the YJ's either.

So it seems your mod was that you purchased one of these Avenger Grills. Painted the headlight sockets red, and painted an American flag design on the included mess. Did I miss anything?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avenger-Mesh...xWCr8B&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'll admit it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. It kind of has a futuristic look/feel to it. However, I won't say I particularly like it since I gravitate more towards the Jeep heritage styling cues which includes the 7 slot grill and round headlights. So I wouldn't buy something like this if Jeep came out with this type of styling, and I would shy away from purchasing a Used JK if the previous owner didn't include the OEM grill. I don't like the square headlights on the YJ's either.

So it seems your mod was that you purchased one of these Avenger Grills. Painted the headlight sockets red, and painted an American flag design on the included mess. Did I miss anything?
Avenger Mesh Grill Matte Black Front Grille for Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Sahara | eBay

He most likely went through Rugged Ridge. They have different grille inserts as well. This flag is one of them I believe.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

At first I didn't like it off the jeep but install looks really good but I think there right should have been all one color no red

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-25-2016, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Was the rugged ridge grill found on Craigslist flat black. And the grill I painted myself. I agree the stock front bumper looks like shit. Saving up for the genright front aluminum or the crawler concepts front bumper.

Quick Reply: New grill opinions