Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New RE Lift Problem??

Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RE Lift Problem??

Hey. I just got the Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex kit. Had it installed by 4WP. It is now sagging about 1.5" in the front right and about 1" in the back right so the whole thing is crooked. Does everything just need to be retorqued? HELP!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

I have a Rubicon Unlimited on order and I going to order the Rubicon Express 3.5 Lift, and a set of 35's. I am very interested to know if I'm making a mistake..please keep me posted.
Thanks,
Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by redrock4x4
RE did recommend that you confirm the coils are installed correctly. Look at the part number on the coils and make sure that the same part number is on both of the front coils and both of the rears to ensure they coils didn't get mixed up.

The front and rear coils look similar to each other on the JK’s so I suppose an installer could accidentally mix them up.
Please don't get me wrong but.... what? Are you kidding me?? There is no way that the front and rear coils look anything alike and there is simply NO WAY you could install rear coils up front. The base of the rear coils taper to a point so that it can sit snuggly on the lower perch and this would make it impossible for it to be installed up front.

FunN4Lo, do you have a full tank of gas? If you do, that's probably why you are sagging on the passenger side. Most likely, the new RE coils are softer than stock and are giving way to the extra weight. I'd bet if you climbed into your Jeep and a person were to look at it from the outside, your Jeep would appear to be more level. I have installed a bunch of lifts on JK's and found this to be a common thing with them.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Here's a side by side shot of factory front coils (tagged) and Full Traction 3" coils...

Here's a side by side shot of factory rear coils (tagged) and Full Traction 3" coils...

As you can see, they look nothing alike and the rear coils are not only physically shorter than the front, they are also wider in diameter.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, I'll give you an update. The full gas tank makes a minor difference about 1/4". Took it back to 4 Wheel Parts where I got it installed. Hasn't done it since. They didn't do anything they claimed, but its been fine since. Also, so far I've been very unhappy with 4 Wheel Parts. Their service isn't very good, and they did a terrible job installing the lift. The brackets the hold the bottom of the sway bar links where bent, therefore my first offroading with lift I couldn't disconnect the swaybar links. Also, ordered "pins" (don't know the correct term) to hold up the swaybar links when they are disconnect, and they didn't install them. Just a lot of following up with them. It seems to me like they have lazy installers.

Anyway, the sagging has been fine for a few weeks now.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
Ok, I'll give you an update. The full gas tank makes a minor difference about 1/4". Took it back to 4 Wheel Parts where I got it installed. Hasn't done it since. They didn't do anything they claimed, but its been fine since. Also, so far I've been very unhappy with 4 Wheel Parts. Their service isn't very good, and they did a terrible job installing the lift. The brackets the hold the bottom of the sway bar links where bent, therefore my first offroading with lift I couldn't disconnect the swaybar links. Also, ordered "pins" (don't know the correct term) to hold up the swaybar links when they are disconnect, and they didn't install them. Just a lot of following up with them. It seems to me like they have lazy installers.

Anyway, the sagging has been fine for a few weeks now.
Well, it's not uncommon for a newley lifted Jeep to sit funny and then go away once everything settles in. Sometimes driving around the block is all you need to do to do this. If you're not too far away from orange county and are willing to drive out to my place, I'd be more than happy to help you out with any problems you might be having. Just let me know

Quick Reply: New RE Lift Problem??