Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Newbie Question but Necessary I suppose

Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SONIC
uh no,
most people agree you need at LEAST a front driveshaft on a 2dr with 4" of lift.
I guess I should add a front DS to the list. Ayyy, when will it end
Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Final Decision

Originally Posted by taters_jk
I went with the Teraflex after being highly reccomended on here to do so. I couldn't be more happy. You definately need to get a rear DS at minimum and before you go wheel get the front. Control arms should be on your short list as well even if you just get the two for the front and two for the back so that you can adjust you angle. I mean if you like death wobble then... Actually I don't know if you'll get any wobble, but I know that it should be on your list somewhere when going that high. Teraflex offers an everything included kit with shocks, springs, front track bar, rear track bar bracket, bump stops, brake lines, and control arms. If you go with another some of that stuff might not be in there and thats how they lower the price. ORW has a kit on the wall that you should look at made by ICON that half off because of overstock that includes EVERYTHING.

FYI not a plug for ORW, I love northridge and everything they stand for!!! As well as all the other paying vendors on this sight.

Also I went 4" and I wish I had gotten 37's instead of 35's. If you're gonna regear then go with 37's!!!
Double post I know but yet, another question. Finally nearing the end of this madness I promise. Opinion on these.

Teraflex 3"- Apppppeeaarrs to have everything I need aside from gearing and driveshafts of course.

Price: $2,851.99(of course I could do better, just the site price)

Pro Comp 4" Stage II-Still leaning towards this, correct me if Im wrong, I know it doesnt have as much as the teraflex elite but it has quite a bit, enough with the driveshafts and gearing?

Price: 1875.99(again can vary slightly lower)
Includes: 2007-09 JK Wrangler2-doorHD X Series boxed lower control armsAdjustable chromoly front track barRear track bar bracketBillet aluminum bump stop extensionsExtended sway bar linksBrake line extensionsInstructions and mounting hardwareIncludes MX-6 shocks

Ive seen pictures of both and they give about the same amount of lift but clearly the pro-comp is much more wallet-friendly if you catch my drift.

Common all of you experts, help me out so I can get hsi rolling and I won't bother you I promise(I feel bad for all of the questions)
Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default my two cents...

Let me just say that you will DEFINITELY need a rear drive shaft! I too have an 08 two door. I installed a 4" SkyJacker lift and 35's. My rear shaft lasted about 8,000 miles. I recently installed a Tatton rear shaft. It's heavy duty and I got it for $425 shipped to my door. You will also need rear upper adjustable control arms. If you don't use these, you will vibrate to hell going down the road after you change your shaft. If your lift comes with these, your golden. Your factory rear shaft might even hold up longer with these installed.

Quick Reply: Newbie Question but Necessary I suppose