Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No luck with Skyjacker.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down No luck with Skyjacker.

I just got off the phone with them and they told me I'd have to get my dealer to get the bracket for me. I've had a 2.5" lift for over a year now with no problems, but I want peace of mind. Here's a pic to refresh your memories.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Another reason I wont/wouldnt do anything skyjacker.

hope all works out for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skyjacker like a lot of other companies don't sell their product directly to the public. They want you to but it from someone that sells retail like, 4wp or Northridge for example.

Thats the old style bracket , get the new one thats bolts on to the pumpkin.

Last edited by pkdailey4; 03-31-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the bracket from Rocky Mountain Suspension. I was ~$35, I ordered on a Monday and got it on Thursday. Their number is 18005214908. I had the part number but can't find it now.

I tried to get Skyjacker to give me the part but they wouldn't budge, just makes me not even consider them when I buy another lift. I thought for the piece of mind that $35 wasn't to bad.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

There's been a few folks here who have gotten Skyjacker to send them the bracket. I was just following advice I got from the Forum to contact them directly..
Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls
Another reason I wont/wouldnt do anything skyjacker.

hope all works out for you.
I agree. I got a Teraflex BB and my kit was suppose to come with a rear track bar bracket. I did not buy from them but because it was missing from the kit they sent it to me.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know Skyjacker can be excused for this design defect on some level because no one really expected such poor bracket welds on the axle. It does seem reasonable that they would not rip off like on other vehicles that get modified without problems. But at this point they are aware of the problem, and they know the potential consequences.

Assuming they have no suspicion of foul play (free bracket for non-Skyjacker product) they really should just step up and ship brackets. Every new style bracket that gets installed is less liability for them. And one less person that might blame Skyjacker when the bracket fails. And one less person that might result to litigation for damages. And one less potential vehicle accident ...

To those of you that are paying for the brackets ... are you paying because Skyjacker and your vendor refused to supply a free bracket?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I stopped by the dealer 04/03/08, (Thur.) and explained the problem to a service writer, the parts guy, my salesman, and the sales mgr. Since they were the ones who had it installed (they farmed it out to a local shop), they seemed willing to help. They took all the details and said they'd contact the shop that did the install, so they could, in turn, get the bracket from Skyjacker. I haven't heard back yet.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, lots of people in that chain. I see why you wanted to get one direct.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SuperJeepJK
The support bracket really seems to help this problem go away.

Also...I recently noticed that they are making a similar support bracket for the front track bar too.
I need to see if need one of those as well.

Quick Reply: No luck with Skyjacker.