Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Noise and vibration problem

Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have screwed up the sensors, I haven't went and had the codes read yet and I cant do that nifty little trick of getting it to pop up on my dash. But that still wouldn't solve my vibration issue would it? I would have thought EVO would have caught that when they had it all pulled apart.

The vibration is not front end (I don't think), I feel this vibration in the pedal, not the wheel. It comes sporadically and if I release the throttle and smoothly reapply the throttle it goes away at least for a little bit. I cannot get it to happen regularly and its really irritating me. hahaha
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack the front tires off the ground and grasp the wheel at the top and bottom. Try to move the wheel in and out. Their should be no movement or very little. Mine had about a 1/4" of play. The vibration I had came at different speeds so it may be your problem. Its a quick and easy test so give it a shot. Their are also some youtube vids showing how to check wheel bearing on a jeep. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar problem with my jeep between 55-60 mph. Tried tie rods, alignment, rotating tires, stabilizer. After all this I had tires rebalanced and the noise and vibration went away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3510740912.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	408112  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the tires balance and rotated and that didn't work. I currently have two new tires up front due to some unforutnate/fortunate events and the rears used to be the fronts and are a little uneven.

When I jack the front off the ground I'm attempting to move the rear wheel and tire in and out? Thanks for all the responses so quickly.

Quick Reply: Noise and vibration problem