Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nubie with Best Budget 2.5-3 inch lift questions

Old 03-14-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Nubie with Best Budget 2.5-3 inch lift questions

Sorry I am a newbie...Just purchased a JK 2008 Rubi Unlimited this week. Not sure if this is how this forum works....

I am looking for a budget lift.

1: I would like a stock feeling ride and wonder is it worth the few extra bucks for new coils over the coil blocks . I am looking at TeraFlex BB or coils, but I am open to any suggestions on the best lift out there. I am ok to pay a few extra $ if the quality is worth it.

2:Should I keep my Rubi shocks and buy the extentions or kick some $ out for a new set?

3: Will I have buy wheel spacers if I keep stock wheels? If so any suggestions on the ones to choose?

4: It appears I can run up to 35" with this lift....If I do jump up tire sizes will I have to start changing gears with the auto tranny?
If so what is the biggest tires I can run with out changing gears? My goal is to get a good stance and maybe an extra inch or two of travel ( most off roading will be limited to hunting on logging trails). I will also be adding a 8 or 10 K winch up front and want to get away from the rake that Jeep has..do I need to fact that into the lift choice?

5: Will the lift force me to upgrade my U-joint/driveshafts?

6: Will I need anything ( or should purchase anything else) when a lift is installed?
.....I have heard stories about the "death wobble" and jeeps not going down the road strait after a lift.
Would I or should I need to purchase a trac bar ,bracket or anything else?

This is a daily driver, and needs to go down the road at interstate speed (as if a jk really can do that with the underpowered 3.8)

A winch is on the way and, I have a few interior mods already...( I will post pics when everything is complete)
FYI I am also doing this all myself with the power of JK forum

Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with a Terra Flex BB or a Rough Country BB... Alot of people have them and are happy whith them.

Quick Reply: Nubie with Best Budget 2.5-3 inch lift questions