Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nubie question.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nubie question.

I'm a former mustang guy and I grew up a bit and bought my first jeep. When I had stangs we used wheel spacers for a wider stance. Im picking up some bigger stock wheels tomorrow that have been bedlined to look like mw3 wheels. I was wondering if 1" spacers are ok to put on for looks. I just did a 2" spacer lift and I think it would look sick with the new wheels. Im not going offroading until at least next year and that will be light trails at best.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spacers will not hurt or limit your jeep in any way. You actually benefit from them while moving up to bigger tires eliminating rubbing issues at full lock out.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had spydertrax spacers for over a year now, works great! Just make sure their torqued to specs and all good.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been runnin 1.5 inch spacers for 2 years with zero problems. Wider stance equals better stability. Also it helps with a lot of clearance issues. Just make sure you followmthe directions, and torque them good.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by c17loadmaster
Ive been runnin 1.5 inch spacers for 2 years with zero problems. Wider stance equals better stability. Also it helps with a lot of clearance issues. Just make sure you followmthe directions, and torque them good.
Same here. As long as you maintain them (check the bolts are torqued properly) then they are safe
Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Same here. As long as you maintain them (check the bolts are torqued properly) then they are safe
X3, I just check the torque when rotating the tires.

Quick Reply: Nubie question.