Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oh no trans problems

Old 03-27-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh no trans problems

hey guys i need some help i went wheeling this weekend and i got stuck in a big hole the problem is...i was in it for about 2 hours and a lot of muddy sand, i flooded the inside. now the problem is is that when i go to shift into a gear it dosnt want to go into the gear clutch in and it just wont go in i have to try and try again, muscle it in. It sucks any ideas what happen or how to fix could dirt be in there????
Old 03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Well.. Did you drain the transmission and put new fluids in when you got home? You have a good chance you got water in the tranny..

Ben
i have no idea how to do that i want to drain it and my diffs but not sure how
Old 03-27-2007, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks ill try it how bad is it to wait a couple days till the weekend???? thats when ill have time but ill drive itall week

will i be ok?????
Old 03-27-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the ghost of that deer! You'll never get rid of him! He's living inside your trasmission.

Good luck!

Please post the outcome of what it is.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a hard time believing its water in there, seems to me it would be a problem with the clutch, does it grind going into gear? Is a line coming off the clutch master kinked? check the fluid for your clutch. Has anyone seen a fix or repair manual for our Jk's?

:confused:
Old 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The JK's have a drain plug on the differentials. That would make that job quick.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the 6SP the same as the TJ 6SP?

I know our old Rubi with the 6sp had 2 large plugs, one bottom and one on the passenger side. They were both large, but not the same Allen Head plugs.

You drain from the bottom hole and fill from the side until it starts to come out. You MUST use a pump or something on the tranny since there was no other way to get the fluid in.

I haven't checked our JK 6sp yet but it should be the same or very close to it.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Trans problem

Slickwill, It could be that your throw out bearing or clutch master cylinder went bad!!!
1)Change the fuilds and check that the clutch master cylinder reservoir has adequate fuild and that the line to the master cylinder is not pinched. If the fuild in the clutch master cylinder reservoir is empty or low. Fill the rereservoir then bleed the clutch master cylinder.
2) Check the shifting with the engine off !!
3) If it shifts easily then try to start the JK in gear make sure you have a clear path (WARNING THE JEEP WILL LUNGE FORWARD AND DRIVE) because the jeep will lunge forward and will start up and drive!!!
4) If the jeep drives, Then the clutch is engaging with the transmission and the clutch master cyclinder or throw out bearing could be bad!!

Just my 2 cents not responsible for damages!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take it to the dealer. It is under warranty, they should cover it. Less hassle than trying to pinpoint the problem and spending the time...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKMAN
take it to the dealer. It is under warranty, they should cover it. Less hassle than trying to pinpoint the problem and spending the time...
Send those big meats to me, I'll hide them for you so they don't blame it on the tires.

Quick Reply: oh no trans problems