Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Olympic 4x4 tire carrier???

Old 09-29-2018, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Olympic 4x4 tire carrier???

Has anyone tried this carrier? It’s odd that it only uses 4 bolts. Yet it has great reviews.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It isn't the cast aluminium alloy of the stock carrier so maybe that's where the good reviews are coming from. What is it that you're trying to accomplish? If it were my money, I'd be looking into the MorRyde at a similar price (also through Extreme Terrain if you're stuck on a particular vendor). The benefit there is that it plays nicely with the upgraded hinges and tailgate support down the road- both of which would be a benefit if you've still got an early JK with a few miles. Moreover- it supports stock tires up to a 37" or 40" because of the dual positions.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to mount a 35” tire. this mount seems very reasonable and has great reviews.
Only odd thing is that it only utilizes 4 bolts, instead of 8 like the factory carrier.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Anything that is not addressing the hinges themselves is a waste of money. The hinges are the problems. Put that on and you are just as likely to damage your tailgate with a 35 as you are with factory carrier.......cept your pocket will be $100 lighter.

Quick Reply: Olympic 4x4 tire carrier???