Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic Reversa-Bars ???

Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olympic Reversa-Bars ???

*** I thought I posted this here today but I can't find it anywhere... If I did indeed post it and it was pulled for some reason would the Admin just PM me and tell me what I did wrong so I do not make the same mistake with something else. Thanks! ***

What are your thoughts on these?

I need to put something on my Rubi when she gets here to make her a bit more friendly to get into as it will have 33's and a Teraflex 2.5 in BB (it is going to be a DD and with work and my GF I need to make it friendly for others to get in and out of.)

I like these as they look sturdy, I have read of people have went off roading with them and not had a problem and that I can also flip them over or easily take them off if I ever plan on doing some serious wheeling...

Now one thing I am unsure of is I have heard people say you can mount them with the Rubi rails in place while others have said you have to take off the Rubi rails.... It seems to me you would have to take the Rubi rails off and if so that is fine as I will still keep them in case I do some hardcore wheeling and want to switch back

I also looked at the PJ sliders but the Olympic Reversa bars look to be more step friendly but I would still love to hear other suggestions....

Anyone know about the Olympic Fat Boy? I think the ReversaBars look like theyd be better but I have never seen the Fat Boy either, its interesting how they slide in and out but also that just seems like it could just lead to trouble unless there is some way they lock out and in.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

As soon as my checking account recovers from the lift I just bought, I`m getting these.I too have an issue with the wifie's ingress/egress situation.These appeal to me because of the fact that they reverse, and they seem fairly sturdy.Too bad there isn`t some place local that actually stocks these so I can go and finger 'em
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

I just installed mine and love em!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
I just installed mine and love em!
How easy are they to flip? Also, how much drop from the door do you get flipped with step down? I to have the wife/jeep height gap issue
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by par4bmw
How easy are they to flip? Also, how much drop from the door do you get flipped with step down? I to have the wife/jeep height gap issue
I assume they are easy to flip. Just the two bolts hold them into the mounts that attach to the frame. Never have wanted them down. That would greatly reduce the ground clearance. I beat the stock tube steps to death. They dragged over all the boulders. My wife is 5'8'' and didnt use the steps anyway to get in or out.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

i needed the step to get clients in and out easily. These are the lowest steps I could find. They work great "as Steps"

Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at these for my fiancee, but Olympic's website says the Reversa Bars only install in the 'up' position for two-door JKs. That would not be of much use for her. That's not so Reversa for us with 2 doors.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Do these require any drilling? I'm looking for some that are just bolt on and these look good. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

no drilling needed. Don't use them as rock rails unless you don't mind dented rocker panels.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will be keeping the Rubicon stock sliders and if I am ever going out hardcore wheeling I will throw them back on. It doesnt seem like it would be that hard??? (yes I know I have to take off the Olympics if I do this...)

Buster what size lift and tires do you have there?

Nice looking Rubi!
I have my 08 Rubi Unlimited on the way.
I think I am going to throw the FabFours front bumper on it.
I am getting the AEV Pintler wheels and as Im sure you
saw in the poll I have Im still deciding on tires but I am leaning
towards the ProComps for some reason...
I was set on the Teraflex BB but I am waiting to see what OME has...

Quick Reply: Olympic Reversa-Bars ???