Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic Reversa-Bars ???

Old 10-14-2007, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JYogi
I will be keeping the Rubicon stock sliders and if I am ever going out hardcore wheeling I will throw them back on. It doesnt seem like it would be that hard??? (yes I know I have to take off the Olympics if I do this...)

Buster what size lift and tires do you have there?

Nice looking Rubi!
I have my 08 Rubi Unlimited on the way.
I think I am going to throw the FabFours front bumper on it.
I am getting the AEV Pintler wheels and as Im sure you
saw in the poll I have Im still deciding on tires but I am leaning
towards the ProComps for some reason...
I was set on the Teraflex BB but I am waiting to see what OME has...

2 inch lift with an extra 3/4 spacer up front to level it out. It dropped about an inch with the bumper and winch.

tires are bfg at/ko 295/75/16 they measure about 33.6"
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Reversa Bars with Factory Rock Rails

Here's a few pictures of the Reversa Bars installed with the Rock Rails

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

????

How did you install them with Rock Rails?
I like that idea, if you get in a real bad area
sure you might rip up the rails but at least
you will save the Jeep.

Also, how do you like the AVIC??
I am thinking of getting the same system.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Buster
no drilling needed. Don't use them as rock rails unless you don't mind dented rocker panels.
I'm a little confused with this statement. Are the Reversa bars no good as rock rails? In the Quadratec catalog it says that they are good for extreme rock crawling (or something to that effect) but some drilling is needed to make them so.

I was planning on ordering a set but, if they aren't good as rock rails, I'm not going to waste $400.00 plus freight and tax on them just because they look good.

To be honest, I think all of these assessories are way overpriced. I know they are new, in high demand, and the manufacturers need to make up development costs, but come on, some rock rails are over $400.00 and they aren't even painted; with $65.00 and $70.00 adders for paint or powder coat. Reversa bars for two doors are the same price as for four doors. What's up with that?

Just look at the price differences for TJ assessories.

Sorry, I'm starting to rant and go off topic.

You know, for under $100.00, I can by a pipe bender from Harbor Freight Tools.

I have a welder

Maybe I'll make up my own

Last edited by berg; 10-17-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Red Rock Rubicon
Here's a few pictures of the Reversa Bars installed with the Rock Rails

Hey Red Rock Rubi, awesome job on the Rubi. Would those work in the up position with the rubicon rails still on? I read someone else used them both but I haven't heard if you could do the reversa bars in the up position like that. What kind of bumpers are those? Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraud
I looked at these for my fiancee, but Olympic's website says the Reversa Bars only install in the 'up' position for two-door JKs. That would not be of much use for her. That's not so Reversa for us with 2 doors.
Originally Posted by berg
I'm a little confused with this statement. Are the Reversa bars no good as rock rails? In the Quadratec catalog it says that they are good for extreme rock crawling (or something to that effect) but some drilling is needed to make them so.

I was planning on ordering a set but, if they aren't good as rock rails, I'm not going to waste $400.00 plus freight and tax on them just because they look good.

To be honest, I think all of these assessories are way overpriced. I know they are new, in high demand, and the manufacturers need to make up development costs, but come on, some rock rails are over $400.00 and they aren't even painted; with $65.00 and $70.00 adders for paint or powder coat. Reversa bars for two doors are the same price as for four doors. What's up with that?

Just look at the price differences for TJ assessories.

Sorry, I'm starting to rant and go off topic.

You know, for under $100.00, I can by a pipe bender from Harbor Freight Tools.

I have a welder

Maybe I'll make up my own
Be sure to read my previous statement.. per Olympic 4x4s own website (4x4products.com), it states the bars can only be installed in the upward position on 2-door JKs. I would not trust the description in the catalogs.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Don't buy them

I have a set on my unlimited rubicon. They hit the factory rock rails. I contacted Olympic and they told me they would help me but they never have. They can't be flipped up as they hit the rubi rock rails by the back doors.
I am stuck with them and they don't care. I will probably have to do a body lift to get them to work. You see the factory rails are mounted to the body pinch seam. The reversa bars are frame mounted. You end up with the body riding on the frame which does not work. I tried to pop the body mount bolts out and replace them with longer bolts but they won't move.
They must be crimped to the body mounts. If I could get them out I would make spacers to go between the frame and the bar mounts, install longer bolts to secure them. I would not recommend Olympic to anyone. They made this problem and they won't help...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was under the impression these we not to be used in conjunction with the stock rockers???:confused:
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stoltz
Hey Red Rock Rubi, awesome job on the Rubi. Would those work in the up position with the rubicon rails still on? I read someone else used them both but I haven't heard if you could do the reversa bars in the up position like that. What kind of bumpers are those? Thanks.

They should still work but i've never tried them in the up position. I read the last few posts and there's a photo of either a two door or a four door showing these rails in the up position without the stock rock rails, so I'm not sure about the doors hitting them or not. For what it's worth my Reversa Bars have been hit pretty hard and other than some scratches they seem to be fine.

The bumpers are from M.O.R.E (Mountain off Road Enterprises)
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Default Olympics

Hi,
Mine are installed in the up position. The doors clear easily. Why wouldn't they. I have hit them really hard and they are awesome. I have read somebody else didnt like em. I love mine. They are holding up great. My JK was bought to rock crawl and I have done so. Live 4 hours away from Moab, so they are put to the test.

Quick Reply: Olympic Reversa-Bars ???