Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic Slider or Shrockworks Slider. Need help?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olympic Slider or Shrockworks Slider. Need help?

Hi,

So I have been looking at slider for like 3 years... lift, wheels and tires had to come first. I finally deiced to make a purchase. I am looking for a frame mounted slider because I would like some on road protection as well as off road. I know the Shrockworks has multiple connection to the frame where the Olympic reversible slider only has 1 plus the two connection to the body flange.

They both have pros and cons. Any advice... or if someone has a image of the Olympic reversible slider un-installed or a bottom view of it installed that would really help. I can't seem to find any image on the net. I was able to find the Shrockworks image just not the Olympic. Going to make the purchase this week just need to make a decision.

Thanks for your help,

Bob
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi

I have nither of these products. I have seen them and I personaly wouldnt buy any of them. You live in CA, if you wheel here you will want a strong rock slider that is mounted to the frame. I have seen many of them bend and crumble to the rocks. Spend the money.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
I have nither of these products. I have seen them and I personaly wouldnt buy any of them. You live in CA, if you wheel here you will want a strong rock slider that is mounted to the frame. I have seen many of them bend and crumble to the rocks. Spend the money.
Thanks for the response. Do you have any recommendation for a frame mounted slider that is strong then both of the ones I mentioned? The only other one I can think of out of the 5 framed mounted slider on the market is the Fabfour.... which is really is both a body and frame mounted slider.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi

I have the LoD that I had to modify for my long arm lift... I could not recommend another that I have not used. I will send you a PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I would like to see some pic's of a Shrockworks JK rock slider that has "[bent] and crumble[d] to the rocks." And it is frame-mounted with three brackets using six bolts into the side and bottom of the frame, both to existing holes, and to new ones that you must drill. The only comment I have is that if a potential buyer is unwilling to wait a few months, and doesn't like paying up front for them, don't order Shrockworks. However, if the buyer is patient and wants the best, then order Shrockworks.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 09-21-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The shrockworks might get scratched up, but bending and crumbling would be tough to accomplish. They are extremely heavy duty, and just plain heavy for that matter. I could barely lift the box they came in. Ther're just about bomb proof.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

I have the Olympic sliders...they have held up from wheeling in Moab. The reason for buying them is they came out first and were available early in 2007 for the Unlimiteds and very cheap. Still going strong. If you really want some good sliders though, check out Bonediggers here on the forum...very nice!

Last edited by scootrrydr; 09-21-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure wildandwilling was referring more to the body mounted slider designs... not really sure.

I for one have been very impressed with my Woods rock rails, they are body mounted, but have survived the Rubicon Trail with just scratches. I was dropping down on them hard and using them to pivot and slide around boulders and they held up great.

So I guess my point is, frame mounted sliders aren't the only way to go.

Here's a picture of me using the rails to get around a rock on the Rubi:

Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by cyruspura
I'm pretty sure wildandwilling was referring more to the body mounted slider designs... not really sure.

I for one have been very impressed with my Woods rock rails, they are body mounted, but have survived the Rubicon Trail with just scratches. I was dropping down on them hard and using them to pivot and slide around boulders and they held up great.

So I guess my point is, frame mounted sliders aren't the only way to go.

Here's a picture of me using the rails to get around a rock on the Rubi:

Yes I agree just making sure that he does realize that the potintial for damage is there... a few of the nor cal guys have found this out.

I called you Cyrus you never returned my call. Hows school? You parents stopped by and made the delivery for you.

Call sometimes, just because your down there dont mean we dont talk about ya.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I agree just making sure that he does realize that the potintial for damage is there... a few of the nor cal guys have found this out.

I called you Cyrus you never returned my call. Hows school? You parents stopped by and made the delivery for you.

Call sometimes, just because your down there dont mean we dont talk about ya.
Buddy I am sooo busy... but that's no excuse for not returning your call, I must have missed it.

School's good, I'm playing lacrosse, doing ROTC, pledging for a fraternity, and double majoring, so probably won't have much time to wheel...

I will see you at the Roktoberfest though...

Quick Reply: Olympic Slider or Shrockworks Slider. Need help?