Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ome 4" Complete Lift

Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ome 4" Complete Lift

I did not find any posts about this lift. I was curious if anybody has installed. The kit on ARB's site comes with an coil springs, shocks, OME adjustable track bar, relocation bracket for rear, bump stops, caster and driveline correction kit, sway bar disconnect, steering stabilizer, steering damper relocation bracket, brake line relocation kit, and a cozy!

The kit on their site does not mention having to replace driveshaft, or control arms due to providing the correction kit. Looks to be a nice kit. I am still researching lift kits for my rig and looking at OME and Teraflex. Any opinions, suggestions, pics are welcome.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the picture, I can't tell what corrects the castor. The kit looks to be the same price as the AEV kits. If OME is just using brackets for castor correction, then it appears AEV gives you much more bang for your buck.

I'll be interested to see updates on this kit.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah it appears to not even be brackets, just cam bolts. I think OME is awesome, and this kit looks nice, but I would certainly order a set of control arms and not even bother with those bolts.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
yeah it appears to not even be brackets, just cam bolts. I think OME is awesome, and this kit looks nice, but I would certainly order a set of control arms and not even bother with those bolts.
Cam bolts ! Really! In 2012....

Okay, if AEV is overpriced, what is a $1700 OME kit that comes with cam bolts for castor correction....... Ha
Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
Cam bolts ! Really! In 2012....

Okay, if AEV is overpriced, what is a $1700 OME kit that comes with cam bolts for castor correction....... Ha
I'm going to call it a fair comparision. Both kits are lacking in my opinion, however the AEV does come with the procal and the jack stand. Not really needed, but hey, it comes with the kit so oh well. The AEV also comes with a high steer drag link, which is nice. The OME comes with a front sway bar quick disco kit, which is also very nice

OME
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_0300.htm

AEV
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4003.htm

1750 vs 1600. Essentially, the cost of the pro-cal. AEV springs and bilstein shocks cost less than OME shocks and coils, but the AEV also comes with the drag link, whereas the OME comes with front quick disconnects. Also, the AEV, while less than ideal for off-roading, comes with control arm brackets that can simply be added or removed with no real hassle; where as with the OME cam bolts, you would have to notch out the slots, and then weld them up once you realize cam bolts are the devil. Personally, I would still go with OME and just order control arms. However it must be said that for the cost, the AEV kit is really nice, and you can easily sell the drop brackets to help offset the cost difference to add some control arms. The two kits really are very even, both inadequate and costing about the same!

Personally, I would just stick with the OME long travel kit from Northridge 4x4. 4" lift, track bars and control arms. Better than the official OME kit!

Last edited by sneck; 03-02-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if thier 4" lift is anything like thier 2" lift. Will it actully be a 6" lift????
Really curious personally. Never seen an OME 2" only lift a JK 2". 3" to 4" is more common.

Of course this kit came out a week after I installed the OME LT kit from Northridge.

Oh well. Happy with the way the LT kit handles and rides.
Just hate when you save up buy something expensive and the cool new model comes out the next day.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LOST
Wonder if thier 4" lift is anything like thier 2" lift. Will it actully be a 6" lift????
Really curious personally. Never seen an OME 2" only lift a JK 2". 3" to 4" is more common.

Of course this kit came out a week after I installed the OME LT kit from Northridge.

Oh well. Happy with the way the LT kit handles and rides.
Just hate when you save up buy something expensive and the cool new model comes out the next day.
Northridge does offer a very nice kit too. I have spoke to Dave on options on that lift. I have not ruled out that as well. What options did you order with yours? Would like to see some pics if possible.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085_compressed.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	284301

I've got the OME lift (from Northridge!) and love it. I went with the heavy duty springs front and rear and couldn't be happier. However, if I was going to do it all over again, I would spring for the long travel kit because I'm practically there anyways (just need to add the longer brake lines and the longer travel shocks). I ended up going with the springs, shocks (not the long travel) track bars (front and back) and ended up buying new control arms up front to deal with the caster. This set-up works great off-road as well as on-road. At some point I will eventually get the long travel shocks and brake lines, but I need to wait another year or two or else the wife would kill me! If you have any questions or concerns, talk to Dave over at Northridge - great guy who really knows the JK's!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mgmavant
Attachment 284301

I've got the OME lift (from Northridge!) and love it. I went with the heavy duty springs front and rear and couldn't be happier. However, if I was going to do it all over again, I would spring for the long travel kit because I'm practically there anyways (just need to add the longer brake lines and the longer travel shocks). I ended up going with the springs, shocks (not the long travel) track bars (front and back) and ended up buying new control arms up front to deal with the caster. This set-up works great off-road as well as on-road. At some point I will eventually get the long travel shocks and brake lines, but I need to wait another year or two or else the wife would kill me! If you have any questions or concerns, talk to Dave over at Northridge - great guy who really knows the JK's!
Good to hear! Did you replace both upper and lower or just the lower fronts? Can yo pot pics of yours? Would love to see them.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

I actually went with the uppers only, but I think either would work just as well with this lift kit. If you end up going bigger later, then you may have to add the lower ones as well. Both are very easy to install and I ended up adding the uppers after I finished the lift and I was able to do it in my driveway without removing anything (it's nice to have a lift - easy to get to everything now!).

What kind of pictures are you looking for? I don't have a lot of pictures of the Jeep, but I could certainly snap a few for you...

Quick Reply: Ome 4" Complete Lift