Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME...Performance/Actual lift height?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
330 added wieght is not that much at all.

consider a winch and front bumper plsu the rake that is already in the vehicle. The OME kit gives it a nice level stance. In the rear you need the wieght also for a rear tire carrier if you are adding it. plus all the other things you throw in the back of a jeep including passangers.

I know my front bumper/wich set up is NOT 330lbs or even close. I can dead lift the thing by myself....not far, high or long, but enough to lay it on the frame rails to mount it. So, is the 330lbs rating on top of the stock spring rate? I could see getting to 330lbs in the rear pretty easy but the front is what it is....
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TROUBLESHOOTER
AWW SHUCKS....i wanted to see too....

Ha! Well I'm either too lazy or too dense to get a photohosting account set up. I sent one set... if you are really interested; PM me and I wll forward pics.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the pics!

What I think I am going to do for now is do the OME coils/shocks up front where I have a definite need for the HD springs and leave my FT 2" BB in the rear until I have the cabbage to buy my rear bumper, at which point I can upgrade to the OME rear HD set up. Same concept as the Tera HD kit.

I'll let you all know how it turns out with before & after pics.

Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: OME...Performance/Actual lift height?