Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which one RE or TF budget boost?

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one RE or TF budget boost?

Last week I decided I was gonna get a new set of tires, 275/70/18 (33") Duratracs... now I want a lift and maybe some other goodies, I blame it all on this forum (damn you all and your awesome jeeps). I mess around on the trails mostly, I have fun just being out in the jeep and I dont get into anything where I could do any real damage to my rig so I think a BB would be perfect for what I need. Along with the little lift I plan on getting some wheel spacers so I can keep running stock sahara wheels and I guess a set of JKS quick discos couldnt hurt either. I'm not gonna go any bigger than 33's seeing as this is my daily driver, I've heard alot of good things about the RE 2" especially their shocks and the Teraflex 2.5" as well but which one is better er which one would be better for me?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tf !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you DO mess around a lot on this forum... you should know the answers you're going to get... TF of course
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I elected to get the shock extensions over new shocks and liked the extensions from RC more than those from TF. That being said, the RC kit I have is not complete and I have several TF compenents, such as bump stop extensions and rear brake line drop. In the end, I think I spent almost exactly what the complete TF kit cost. If looking for a BB, I would still go the same route, with RC and TF compenents but would not get the adj. track bars I added from JKS. The BB does not really need them and I think the JKS adj trackbars have too much flex. Just my opinion.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

I sort of figured Teraflex was gonna be the more popular choice. Bump!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Are there any other parts im absolutely gonna need other than the quick discos and wheel spacers? control arms, trackbars stuff like that?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam...you know my vote Monoshocks have been awesome. Has National 4wd given you a good price quote on the RE kit??

With any of the kits you listed....you won't need CA's or Rear links. JKS quick disco's are nice for any off-roading flex. Where you will start to need CA's, Rear links, Track bars and possible drive shafts is any lift that will give you over 3" of lift.

Also, have you consider down the road new bumpers or winch??? If you are I would highly suggest you look at coil springs...it will save you some money down the road.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Teraflex all the way.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default Only want 2 inches of lift

I am only looking for about 2" of lift more for looks. No heavy wheeling. Will stay under 34" tires. If the TF leveling kit came with 2" rear spacer that would be perfect. Does the 2.5" TF BB have 2.5" in front and 2" in the rear?

I like the factory rake and would like to add the same at both ends and yet keep the lift very minimal to stay away from other needed parts.

I see Daystar has a 2.75 (2" lift .75 spacer) kit.

Thanks for any advice.

jjw
ND
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Adam...you know my vote Monoshocks have been awesome. Has National 4wd given you a good price quote on the RE kit??

With any of the kits you listed....you won't need CA's or Rear links. JKS quick disco's are nice for any off-roading flex. Where you will start to need CA's, Rear links, Track bars and possible drive shafts is any lift that will give you over 3" of lift.

Also, have you consider down the road new bumpers or winch??? If you are I would highly suggest you look at coil springs...it will save you some money down the road.
Stan actually gave me a heads up last night that hes going to order some of the RE kits, but no I havent heard a thing from the National rep I PM'd. Stan has the TF 2.5 BB in stock which is nice because overall its a pretty complete kit that even comes with new rear links but I read somewhere on here that the TF 2.5 BB actually gives you like 3.5 in the front and the 3 in the back Doesnt add up somehow and I really dont want to get into CA's, trackbars and driveshafts. I like the looks of some of the aftermarket bumpers, MBRP, AEV, ARB but I can say with confidence I wont be putting one of those on, fuel milage is gonna take too much of a hit with more weight. Still undecided on procal and superchips, wish Superchips would get that lurchy throttle issue resolved, would make my decision that much easier.

Last edited by Adam3612; 02-26-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Which one RE or TF budget boost?