Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One Tuff Mudder St Augustine Fl

Old 10-02-2015, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Tuff Mudder St Augustine Fl

Has anyone ever had service done with One Tuff Mudder in St. Augustine, FL? I'm looking to get my JK lifted. They quoted me a 3 in lift installed for $800.00. I know they typically use Rough Country lifts but to me that price seems a little low which could mean a quality compromise of some sort. Any advice feedback is appreciated.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Why not call or stop by and ask them specifically which lift they are quoting? Could be nothing more than four 3" spacers and they pocket the other 700. Regardless, you should read a few of the recent threads on cheap lifts and the problems to expect rather than just going for the least expensive 'deal' you can find...
Old 10-02-2015, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Why not call or stop by and ask them specifically which lift they are quoting? Could be nothing more than four 3" spacers and they pocket the other 700. Regardless, you should read a few of the recent threads on cheap lifts and the problems to expect rather than just going for the least expensive 'deal' you can find...

Yeah I think I will. That was just the price they quoted over the phone. Quality is my priority which is why I thought $800 sounded low but this would be my 1st jeep lift where it wasn't already lifted when purchased.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yeah, without knowing the company and the components, real hard for anyone here to give good feedback. All we can do is guess that it will be a poor quality, incomplete lift.

If you haven't already, start with the "Thoughts On Lifts" thread, it is stuck right to the top of this modified area. Get a handle on what problems lifting causes, what all of the various components actually do, and at what heights people start wanting them. For instance, with a 3 inch lift, you will probably want to correct the caster. The options are cam bolts, drop brackets, longer/shorter fixed ca's, adj ca's. Does one of them come with the lift? If not, which is right for your budget and needs?
Old 10-03-2015, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't agree enough with what has been posted. Buying a lift from a shop based on price is a recipe for pro comp, zone, rubicon express, or some other incomplete lift you will hate and want to pull off in a month.

Do some research, buy the lift that suits you, and then have that installed instead of whatever has the highest profit margin for the shop.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

It really isn't difficult to install a lift and doing it yourself or with a couple friends help will save yourself a lot of cash. I installed a 2 1/2" Teraflex with shocks $730.00 by myself, took a full weekend but I took my time and did it right and I have nothing to complain about this lift. For 800 I'm sure you are not getting much for your $$, Don't make a mistake on picking a lift that doesn't have a good reputation, there are a lot of lifts to choose from AEV, Rock Crawler, TeraFlex you hardly ever hear anything bad. I spent a lot of time reading up on the different lifts and I choose TeraFlex which includes very detailed instructions and videos. Good luck in the lift you choose just make sure your not getting ripped off.

Quick Reply: One Tuff Mudder St Augustine Fl