Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on Mopar 2" Lift - Good Deal or Crap?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions on Mopar 2" Lift - Good Deal or Crap?

The dealer says they can get the 2" Mopar lift installed with parts and labor for $625 - seems like a good deal considering the teraflex kit for the 2.5" lift costs that in parts alone.

I'm just trying to fit 35" tires.... I really want to improve my breakover angle cause I get hung up on the transmission crossbar a lot. I'm not sure if 2" + 35" tires is enough... Suggestions?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations. Is it a good deal or not? It seems like there's a good amount of work with it that goes into making sure everything stays nicely aligned. The guy actually talked me out of the 4" lift on the 4-door because it's not that good at keeping things lined up well and causes stress on components.

This is what the mopar 2" comes with according to the site:
(2" Lift Kits | Mopar)

• Ideally rated coil springs, combined with your choice of specially tuned shock absorbers, provide unmatched ride quality and handling, both on-road and on the trails
  • Choose between Mopar's Performance shock or the premium Bilstein Shock. (not sure if price is for bilstein or mopar)
  • Adjustable alignment cams (at lower link arms-to-axle attachment points) correct caster angle.
  • Front body / frame alignment corrected by an adjustable track bar; the rear is handled via a track bar relocation bracket with integrated brace.
  • Correct length stabilizer bar links with Heim ends.
  • Brake hose and parking brake cable relocation brackets.
  • Replacement high-clearance, high-capacity steering stabilizer kit.
  • Works with all vehicle systems including the Electronic Stability Control.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good deal, however the teraflex has a couple more components. Do your research and you will make a good choice.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

The kits are somewhat overpriced, but are of good quality, and should maintain your warranty.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinkin' the mopar lift "is" made by teraflex...hmm¿
Old 01-04-2014, 02:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GetLost
Was thinkin' the mopar lift "is" made by teraflex...hmm¿
Yup that's what I thought.

I would also install yourself and save some money, learn about your rig.

In reference to the kit. I have driven ones with that lift installed and they rode very nice. Like Ryan said just over priced.

Last edited by catahoula; 01-04-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Looks like a good price if it comes with the bilstein shocks, looks like that may be an option in the description. I would not use the cam bolts that the kit comes with

Quick Reply: Opinions on Mopar 2" Lift - Good Deal or Crap?