Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my AEV 3.5" SC today....can't f'n wait!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my AEV 3.5" SC today....can't f'n wait!

So, I ordered the AEV 3.5" SC kit today, should be shipped to me by the 2nd week in January because of the holiday, etc - no biggie but I know I'm gonna be itchin' to get it and check it out.

I'm running 33's for now, got probably about 20-25% tread left. I'm not one to waste, so i'm running these until they are slicks and then bumping up to 35's. Even 37's crossed my mind, but that's a big change for my stock gears (3.73). I'll be OK with 35's for now though.

Who here has this lift? Any insight? I know it's gotta loosen up a little, then the lift will drop slightly. Looks like people are netting around 4". Whether it drops slightly or not, I'm ok with the 3.5-4" yeild. Any other mods I should do while the axles are dropped and I have more access to the undercarriage?

Happy Holidays to all as well, hope you enjoyed your XMAS and hope you enjoy the New Year!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is the best lift you can get for what it is/was built for. There are better lifts out there for more serious off roading, but for the average guy its great.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations man. I am now starting the hunt for a lift kit. Once installed come back and leave a review.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Once installed, I plan on updating this post with pics and comments. After my tires run outta tread tho, I'm putting on some 35's, maybe 37's who knows. Ill update then too.

What lift are you thinking about? How much of lift? What kinda wheeling? Certain budget?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have this lift and love it so far. I have not done any hard off roading, but as far as handling on road I think its better than my stock. It looks a hell of a lot better too!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I dig this lift, and have been running it hard, trail and highway. Its in the shop getting teraflex LCA's for a bit more off road strength and flex. I'm planning a trip to the rubicon this summer or i wouldnt bother monkeying with it.
Welcome to the AEV club!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want this lift as well! Where did u guys order it from and how long did it take to deliver?..

Originally Posted by walker111
It is the best lift you can get for what it is/was built for. There are better lifts out there for more serious off roading, but for the average guy its great.
Awesome pic! I have the exact same rubicon , without the lift though :( , can u post more pics please. Do u have before and after?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

I ordered mine thru Quadratec, I should have it by Friday the 6th, most likely Jan 9th tho. It's gonna be a loooooooong week of waiting, haha. I was told that the order gets placed and then QT sends AEV the order, they package it all together, then it ships from AEV directly to ensure no parts were left out. Good to know that the actual manufacturer is doing the packaging, reassures me that all the parts will be shipped and no hiccups for the installation process.

Can't wait to get it set up, I have some local trails near me that was an old trap shoot...perfect place to check out its capabilities. I know one thing I gotta do is give my baby a nice bath underneath now that you'll be able to see my entire undercarriage!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought mine from Northridge4x4 and they did the install.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im running this lift on 35s and 4.10s on my 4 door rubi. I simply love it, ride and handling better than stock and the Jeep looks better too. Im not a hardcore offroader, more of an overlander. I dont go out to lunch wheeling, but encounter plenty of rough unmaintained logging, blm and forest service roads and for my purposes it works great. My jeep isnt a daily driver but if it was this is the suspension Id choose again. Am confident you will be happy with your purchase.

Quick Reply: Ordered my AEV 3.5" SC today....can't f'n wait!