Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ordered my AEV 3.5" SC today....can't f'n wait!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been hearing great reviews about AEVs lift especially the road handling manners. Would love to have this as my next lift but contemplating because after looking at the pictures and going over the parts it looks like the kit still requires the use of cam bolts. Can anyone confirm if that is true? I would want to avoid using them. What's odd is I thought with the AEV control arm brackets that eliminated the use of the cam bolts thanks.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aldaman
I've been hearing great reviews about AEVs lift especially the road handling manners. Would love to have this as my next lift but contemplating because after looking at the pictures and going over the parts it looks like the kit still requires the use of cam bolts. Can anyone confirm if that is true? I would want to avoid using them. What's odd is I thought with the AEV control arm brackets that eliminated the use of the cam bolts thanks.
Their kit hasn't used cam bolts since they came out with the control arm relocation brackets. The castor correction is built into the brackets so cam bolts are no longer needed.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff
Their kit hasn't used cam bolts since they came out with the control arm relocation brackets. The castor correction is built into the brackets so cam bolts are no longer needed.
That's a relief, thanks for the clarification. I only ask because I recently pulled up this info below from one of our sponsor's site and the picture and AEV instructions still references the use of cam bolts. I wonder if they need to update it...

Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

subscribed...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad to see that they got away from the cam bolts because that is the lift that I was leaning toward but unsure about the cam bolts. I think I see one in my future...soon.

Subscribed
Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

has anyone with this lift actually HAD to replace their front or rear drive shafts?

I'm looking to buy this very soon.

*Subscribed*
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Congrats, looks great! But, don't forget to cut/trim/hammer the pinch seams before you get your 35/37's.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fenrir
has anyone with this lift actually HAD to replace their front or rear drive shafts?

I'm looking to buy this very soon.

*Subscribed*
I have the 4.5" lift but haven't installed the shock extensions yet. I had to replace my driveshaft because of contacting the trans pan on a 2008 auto. I replaced it with an AEV driveshaft, and everything has been fine since this.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

I've got the same kit on my 2010 2dr. I've had it for about a year and a half, no issues whatsoever! 35's run great. Plus for a DD, it handles excellently on the road, you will not be dissapointed! Good Luck.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenMachine10
I've got the same kit on my 2010 2dr. I've had it for about a year and a half, no issues whatsoever! 35's run great. Plus for a DD, it handles excellently on the road, you will not be dissapointed! Good Luck.
Did you have to replace your front drive shaft? I saw that another with the 4.5" lift had to.

Quick Reply: Ordered my AEV 3.5" SC today....can't f'n wait!