Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

other lifts to come?

Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default other lifts to come?

i was wondering if anyone knew if other lifts were to come? like something from OME or RE. nothing long arm, something short arm or around 2". the reason i ask is that with the rock rail issue i have seen im thinking im gonna run a 305/70 on a set of stock rims, which i think would look good to accomplish that short squatty look i have always wanted in a jeep. plus the jk is already kinda wide and squatty as far as the tub goes. any ideas?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
That's what i'm doing. But i made my lift lol. Did you see the pics?
yes i did. 4" is a bit much, like the set up though.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:34 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've talked to ARB/OME and was told they might have a lift out by Off Road Impact which is in January. Although, why not just install a 2" spacer lift like what Full Traction or Teraflex makes?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I've talked to ARB/OME and was told they might have a lift out by Off Road Impact which is in January. Although, why not just install a 2" spacer lift like what Full Traction or Teraflex makes?
well see here is the thing bro, i like the spacer lifts but if they come out with a coil lift ill buy that instead. which of the spacer lifts gives less lift? im just looking to run 33s with not a huge amount of space between the tire and the wheel well. i want that short/sqautty look.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by paroxysym
well see here is the thing bro, i like the spacer lifts but if they come out with a coil lift ill buy that instead. which of the spacer lifts gives less lift? im just looking to run 33s with not a huge amount of space between the tire and the wheel well. i want that short/sqautty look.
I believe the TeraFlex spacer lift will give you 2.5" of lift and the Full Traction just 2".
Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

I believe the TeraFlex spacer lift will give you 2.5" of lift and the Full Traction just 2".
wont 2" be alittle much for 33s? im thinking like a 1" with some OME shocks smooth as a babies butt
Old 11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

wont 2" be alittle much for 33s? im thinking like a 1" with some OME shocks smooth as a babies butt
Ya know, you can practically fit 33's without any lift at all. You may experience a little rubbing at a full turn and on the trail but that's about it. Certainly nothing a little trimming can't fix
Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Ya know, you can practically fit 33's without any lift at all. You may experience a little rubbing at a full turn and on the trail but that's about it. Certainly nothing a little trimming can't fix
eh id rather not trim.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

eh id rather not trim.
But that's just the thing, you most won't have to
Old 11-10-2006, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know if the spacers are the same between the front and back or not, but skyjacker has 3/4" front spacers here. If they are the same (which I hope someone can answer) then you could get almost an inch of lift for about $60.

Quick Reply: other lifts to come?