Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Outlaw Exhaust?

Old 10-15-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw Exhaust?

Just curious if anyone here has heard of or has experience with this? American Outlaw exhaust. Just happened to find it as I was searching for high clearance/tucked exhaust.

X-Treme X-Haust | American Outlaw Jeep Parts
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any experience with it, as a matter of fact i've never even heard of this company. But it looks like it is just going to be noisy. I don't even think it looks like it is really high clearance. It sits in the same spot as the old muffler, its just smaller. If you want high clearance why not go with an exhaust that doesn't even go over the rear axle like the MagnaFlow kit or others that are out there?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks and sounds cool. I wish there was more info on the website about it though.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

View Profile: American OutLaw - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board

They are sponsoring members on here.

The videos make it sound very loud and "burbly"

Last edited by kaptkrappy; 10-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

The vid is not the best which is why I was asking and not much to be found. Was thinking maybe it was a new(er) product. Yes the magnaflow is an option pre rear axle. i believe that is a MUCH higher price point though. This dumps just past the rear and just after the existing pipe end coupling. Actually eliminates the big silver balloon that currently sits back there . :-)

More curious than anything as I'm thinking of just staying stock. Many other mods on the list before exhaust.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

never seen this before...looks sweet. looks like it comes out right in the center by the spare tire. I would like a longer sound clip though. I really like the looks of it though. Anyone out there have one?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
JK Newbie

I saw this exhaust as well a couple weeks ago. I can't find ANYTHING on customer testimonials :-(. I would like my jeep's tone to be more truck like with a deep growl as I grew up in city FULL of lifted and heavily modded trucks (gassers and diesels) so I've grown found of that gargly tone but I can't tell much of anything with the ONE single sound clip video on their website. I mean that jeep ain't stock, how am I supposed to tell that sound isn't influenced by aftermarket headers and/or cold air intake? And there are 6 settings... Which setting am I watching in the video?? I really like the concept. Australia has their own version as option on their version of the Pontiac called the Holden Commodore with a V8. Check it out on YouTube to possibly see this similar product that is electronically controlled with a remote...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8_4S70GZ1dE
Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's more like a tip than an exhaust. I bought it and its nice and tucked away under the jeep, but the sound just wasn't clean. I had to add a magna flow resonator to clean it up. Now it sounds great, and is tucked away up against the body atop the rear axel. I simply unbolted my stock exhaust and put the extreme exhaust in that location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3713046219.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	412908

A couple pics of installed tip.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2458007916.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	412907  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Is it just for sound or does it act like a cat back and give some performance?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

To be honest I haven't seen any performance gains. It does eliminate around 20 or so pounds to your jeep.

Quick Reply: Outlaw Exhaust?