Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PA Body Lift and 2dr 6spd?

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA

I did it...it works.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkbandit
did you try this

QUOTE=Will35;880648]
I figured out how to fix the shifter problem and many of you may want to do this to fix yours when you install this lift or a body lift.
All I had to do was slightly loosen all 12 bolts holding on the body and back up on my driveway (be sure you buckle your seatbelt and wear safety glasses-kids get your parents permission) and then back up a couple of times going maybe 5 mph and hit the brakes hard. The body slid back on the frame almost a quarter of an inch. Then tighten all 12 bolts back up. Wella no shifter problems no more!!! Sorry English teachers. This explains why some people have more trouble than others- when the factory mates the body to frame some bodies are more forward than others on the frame. Remember we're only talking about an eighth of an inch either way but makes a huge difference on whether the shifter hits and the leverage the outer boot gets on the shift lever. Guess I won't have to hire a metalurgist to determine if heating the shifter lever will hurt it.
[/QUOTE]

I hope I don't need to go through this! we'll see when it comes in I guess....fingers crossed.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

I hope I don't need to go through this! we'll see when it comes in I guess....fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

That whole thing has brought bad visions into my head of the whole damn body sliding off into the back of my driveway.....

Quick Reply: PA Body Lift and 2dr 6spd?