Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PA Body Lift and 2dr 6spd?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA Body Lift and 2dr 6spd?

I've ordered the 1" BL kit to help fit my 35's that are also on order. Now I've been reading here about some of the issues with BL and manual trans. Peoples issues have ranged from cutting the tub , cutting the inner shift boot, bending the shifter, or no having no problems at all. I'm just wondering what the deal actually is? I thought at the most I would have to cut the inner shift boot which doesnt bug me to much, but I don't want to have to deal with these other issues

can anyone fill me in who has done this 1" BL on a 6spd? preferably a 2dr if that changes anything? thanks all
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had mine pop out of gear the first night i drove it, scared me because i wasn't expecting it. eddie has a write up where the inner boot has to be trimmed. i will probably do it some day but i really haven't had any problems since that night and i've wheeled it quite a few times since installing it.
install the body lift and drive it, be ready in 2nd and 4th gear ( i keep my hand on the shifter) if you don't have any problems with it i wouldn't worry about it. it may just vary jeep to jeep.

hope this helps
Larry

Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

I trimmed my inner boot and it pops out of 4th still...going to use a rotary tool on it tomorrow to grind more down
Old 01-09-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
I guess I got lucky. I didn't have to trim anything on mine and I don't have any problems. 4dr 6sp
I'm hoping this is the case with mine....I guess it just seems to be luck of the draw if you get away without any problems!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

I had to trim the inner boot. Mine would pop out of 2nd 4th and 6th if I didnt keep my hand on the shifter.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

if someone were to loosen (not remove) all the mounts and was able to move or shift the body to the rear (of the frame) some, would that help. Is there enough play??????
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

well, here you go....
Thought proven

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=67802&page=2
Old 01-10-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

the easiest and best thing to do is just remove the inner shift boot. Its too think and stiff and causes the binding and popping out of gear issue.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by meanxj
the easiest and best thing to do is just remove the inner shift boot. Its too think and stiff and causes the binding and popping out of gear issue.
do you cover it back up with anything? lighter material? or just leave it? isnt there a lot of heat that comes through without an inner boot?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

did you try this

QUOTE=Will35;880648]
I figured out how to fix the shifter problem and many of you may want to do this to fix yours when you install this lift or a body lift.
All I had to do was slightly loosen all 12 bolts holding on the body and back up on my driveway (be sure you buckle your seatbelt and wear safety glasses-kids get your parents permission) and then back up a couple of times going maybe 5 mph and hit the brakes hard. The body slid back on the frame almost a quarter of an inch. Then tighten all 12 bolts back up. Wella no shifter problems no more!!! Sorry English teachers. This explains why some people have more trouble than others- when the factory mates the body to frame some bodies are more forward than others on the frame. Remember we're only talking about an eighth of an inch either way but makes a huge difference on whether the shifter hits and the leverage the outer boot gets on the shift lever. Guess I won't have to hire a metalurgist to determine if heating the shifter lever will hurt it.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: PA Body Lift and 2dr 6spd?