Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painting stock rims

Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting stock rims

ok, i don't have a JK yet but i will hopefully be buying one soon. has anyone painted the stock aluminum 16" wheels? I don't want to buy any other rims because i might end up trading it in if they come out with a diesel later on (when i get my JK). What paint would be the best to use, going Black. I've painted steel rims before but used some cheap $1 paint from wal-mart, but it was for an older truck and i don't want to do that for the JK. I want something that will look good for a not so expencive price. Post some pics if you have any.

oh yeah, i will be getting a silver 2door x model.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't used it but duplicolor has special wheel paint and prep, and there are other special wheel paints available, like from Eastwood

the biggest thing is prepping the surface correctly with any coating

problem with wheels is the they get hot being connected to the brake rotor and all and are close to the elements all the time

high pressure car wash sprayer used the wrong way will mess up all your work

consider saving $ for powder coating them or new rims

Quick Reply: painting stock rims