Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal Commander

Old 05-16-2018, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I see that Superchips has one as well, called the Amp'D.

One thing I noticed while reading about the SprintBooster and PedalCommander is that the booster does not need to be mounted. Install the cable, then connect the big module to the cable to adjust the settings. But the Commander has to be connected at all times, so you need to find an easily accessible place to mount? I guess with bluetooth, it can be hidden somewhere up in the dash, at least?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by fromme
I'd need to see this proven. Is there proof?
Plenty of youtube videos for performance improvement, installation, reviews, etc. This is something I would need to try for myself, though. (thinking about all of the glowing recommendations for JK tuners and the awesome performance gains to be had from that whopping 6 or 7 extra HP... )
Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fromme
I. Doesn't it just modify the TPS signal to the computer so it sees a higher duty percentage?

Thats basicly what the sprintbooster website says, plus faster signal
Old 05-17-2018, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by njdan
You won't get the same result. Someone with a pedal commander will take you off the line and accelerate faster everytime. There is no lag in throttle response. It's a good investment for the money.

Then how come you sold yours?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Plenty of youtube videos for performance improvement, installation, reviews, etc. This is something I would need to try for myself, though. (thinking about all of the glowing recommendations for JK tuners and the awesome performance gains to be had from that whopping 6 or 7 extra HP... )
Nothing factual in any of those videos. All placebo, bench racing, and opinion.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Here's a "quasi technical" review I did on the Sprint Booster https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...review-340364/

There are some merits, and the patent language regarding the rate of change algorithm is interesting for the mathematically inclined. In the end though, there were "issues" https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...4/#post4292868

Old 05-18-2018, 01:03 AM
JK Newbie

I looked into the pedal commander awhile back and as far as i can tell it amplifies the signal from the pedal to the actual ecu, this pretty much means that when you want to pass someone on the highway and need a extra boost of speed you dont have to wait 2 to 3 seconds for the jeep to register you're now pressing down on the gas pedal. If i remember correctly i don't think any of the superchip tuners have any features like the pedal commader, i may be wrong i havent looked at all of them. From the reviews i watch and the other posts I've seen people generally like it. Is it expensive for what it actually does, yes, that's the one thing that has stopped me from buying it as of now but i do like how you can adjust the sensitivity of your pedal somewhat easily. I plan of picking it up when i save up some more or if its on sale just because for me the acceleration lag on my jeep is extremely annoying. I have an automatic so it may not be that bad on a manual but there's been multiple times where I've had to pretty much floor it on the highway so the jeep will pass someone quick enough not to cut off someone in another lane.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has everyone forgotten these are jeeps not hot rods? Who is street racing their jeep for god sake!?! If anything you want to slow the throttle response on the trail when crawling. Besides that, stock response is fine for any other terrain besides rock crawling. SMH
Old 05-18-2018, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

I know for me and probably a bunch of other users here our Jeeps are 80% mall crawler and 20% rock crawler, thats why i said when driving on the highway and not rock crawling, offroad i have no complaints with how the jeep accelerates. I dont do any crazy offroading and i mainly use my jeep as a DD and as a DD the laggy pedal response annoys me and has put me in some situations where im waiting 2 to 3 seconds for the jeep to select the correct gear and to actually start moving when i try to pass someone ahead of me. The good thing about the pedal commander is that if you dont need your gas pedal to be a hair trigger you can chose the response time to be more like stock or even slower if you feel the stock jeep pedal is to twitchy.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akguy09
Then how come you sold yours?
I sold mine because I am having warranty issues and everytime I went to the dealer they said something about it so I sold it. When I get my waranty issue resolved I plan to go with a SC.

Quick Reply: Pedal Commander