Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Performance upgrades

Old 04-28-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the aFe throttle body spacer by itself with the stock intake and stock exhaust. I noticed a bit more response out of the throttle and no whistling like everyone complains about... Can't wait to get the aFe si intake installed followed by the Dynomax exhaust!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Instead of intake try putting headers on with exhuast tht will wake it up then put a drop in filter
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dwikto
everything helps increase HP which makes you want to get on it more
I beg to differ. I have a Lotus and the Fujita cold air intake has "claimed" to give an 8 hp boost. Stage II track exhaust...3 hp. If there is one thing that I have learned is that there's not a DAMN one of these that ever puts out what it claims. In the racing world, we call this the "butt dyno". It sounds tougher...sounds faster...but it's really not. I have the Airaid, Magnaflow, RR headers, Superchips and swapped to 5.13 gears. Not any faster. Distribution of torque...sure. Sound cooler? Yep! More HP? Naw...

Quick Reply: Performance upgrades