Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of new JK with Pro Comp Wheels and Hankook Tires

Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of new JK with Pro Comp Wheels and Hankook Tires

Hi Folks,

Well we picked up the JK (X) on Saturday at noon and by 2 we had the front 3/4 inch spring spacers on along with the Pro Comp wheels (17 X 8) and Hankook mud tires (285 75 17). How's it look? Next up are the Tuffy console insert and then my son wants a stereo for his birthday. Oh, and it needs a set of lights for the front bumper and a CAI, and some rocker guards. Then we're off to Paragon to see how it does.

Thanks,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	resized 0272.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	443   Click image for larger version

Name:	resized 0273.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	444  
Old 01-15-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, tire's are perfect for that application(awesome), I inlarged your picture and boy the 2 Door level's out well with just (1) 3/4" spacer. The 4 door takes a little more lift to get it up there. So your going up Paragon, you oughta rip it up and really try your JK out.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Looking good Paul...........
Whats the backspace on the procomp's ?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice!!! I like the black rims!

Looks good! I am still undecided on graphite grey or black wheels. I don't know if black will look as good on the Steel Blue
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clubber
Looking good Paul...........
Whats the backspace on the procomp's ?
It was a 4.5 inch BS on an 8 inch wheel. So it sticks out a little bit more and provides more clearance inside.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Looks great, tire's are perfect for that application(awesome), I inlarged your picture and boy the 2 Door level's out well with just (1) 3/4" spacer. The 4 door takes a little more lift to get it up there. So your going up Paragon, you oughta rip it up and really try your JK out.
Well, I wonder if the 2dr and 4dr have the same front springs. I saw a write up on how to install the spacer and it stated that when you put the frame on jackstands, unbolted the shocks and then let the axle down (after removing the wheels) that at full droop the springs would be able to be removed without any trouble. Well, at full droop (with the shocks removed) I still had to compress the springs about 2 inches to get them out. What a pain. My JK was built on 12/9 so I have three theories here:
1) DC switched to slightly longer springs prior to December 9th
2) The springs settle in (or sag) a little after some driving (my JK had less than 20 miles on it when I put the spacers on it Saturday
3) The 2dr uses a slightly longer spring than the 4dr (or something else is different like the upper or lower spring perch)

Can anyone shed some light on this for us?

Thanks,
Paul

PS The Hankook tires are surprisingly quiet for a MT tire and ride very smooth. I like them but I'll need to see how they do in mud, snow, rain (did fine today in the rain) and dry conditions and how the tread life is.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Question

Hey Paul, another quick question....i'm looking to get the same tire size and pro-comp wheels. Did you order them on line and from whom ? How far do they stick out from the flairs ?
CLUBBER...............
Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clubber
Hey Paul, another quick question....i'm looking to get the same tire size and pro-comp wheels. Did you order them on line and from whom ? How far do they stick out from the flairs ?
CLUBBER...............
Hi Clubber,

They barely stick out, just an inch or so but it looks correct, in my opinion. I got the wheels from www.4wd.com and the tires from Discount Tire (www.tires.com).

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulW
Hi Folks,

Well we picked up the JK (X) on Saturday at noon and by 2 we had the front 3/4 inch spring spacers on along with the Pro Comp wheels (17 X 8) and Hankook mud tires (285 75 17). How's it look? Next up are the Tuffy console insert and then my son wants a stereo for his birthday. Oh, and it needs a set of lights for the front bumper and a CAI, and some rocker guards. Then we're off to Paragon to see how it does.

Thanks,
Paul
So you got 33.8" tires on it with only 3/4" spacers in the front? What's the rubbing like at full turn? Did you you have to make any adjustments? Wonder if I could do that on my Unlimited...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks REALLY sweet. I'm about to get the all black version of those wheels and some 285/70/17 BFG M/Ts.

Did you put a matching wheel on the spare mount? If so, did you need a spacer or did it bolt on fine?

Quick Reply: Pics of new JK with Pro Comp Wheels and Hankook Tires