Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of new JK with Pro Comp Wheels and Hankook Tires

Old 01-15-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulW
Well, I wonder if the 2dr and 4dr have the same front springs. I saw a write up on how to install the spacer and it stated that when you put the frame on jackstands, unbolted the shocks and then let the axle down (after removing the wheels) that at full droop the springs would be able to be removed without any trouble. Well, at full droop (with the shocks removed) I still had to compress the springs about 2 inches to get them out.
Did you disconnect the sway bar? That should have allowed for full drop without compressing the springs to remove them.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bill
So you got 33.8" tires on it with only 3/4" spacers in the front? What's the rubbing like at full turn? Did you you have to make any adjustments? Wonder if I could do that on my Unlimited...
Whoops, I made a mistake. The tire size is 285 70 17 (not 75). No rubbing at all since the wheel offset is different than stock. That is the key to avoiding rubbing (i.e. more offset or use wheel spacers).
Old 01-16-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kiernan
That looks REALLY sweet. I'm about to get the all black version of those wheels and some 285/70/17 BFG M/Ts.

Did you put a matching wheel on the spare mount? If so, did you need a spacer or did it bolt on fine?
I didn't mount the spare yet. Should be OK though.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Did you disconnect the sway bar? That should have allowed for full drop without compressing the springs to remove them.
No, but I guess I should have. The write up that I read said that you only needed to disconnect the lower shock mounts to get full droop but I should have thought about the sway bar too. So, maybe the 2dr and 4dr are identical after all. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PaulW
No, but I guess I should have. The write up that I read said that you only needed to disconnect the lower shock mounts to get full droop but I should have thought about the sway bar too. So, maybe the 2dr and 4dr are identical after all. Thanks!
Yeh, the sway bars need diconnected. Mine came right out. We had a little trouble getting the larger coils in (had to use some pry bars) but still did it without spring compressors.

Quick Reply: Pics of new JK with Pro Comp Wheels and Hankook Tires