Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piecing together a lift kit....advise, experience?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbyers4488
Currently this is my daily driver as I just moved down here and well I wasn't going to try and bring multiple vehicles down so I sold them all, except my jeep of course. Now that I am all settled I am looking for a work vehicle/daily driver, specifically a mid 90's Ford Ranger as I had one for quite some time, loved it, and I know my way around that vehicle pretty well. That's neither here or there though. I do appreciate your response though. I definitely want something I can go off road and wheel with but also something I can travel with on highways to go do so, I don't want to have to trailer it places, I bought it to drive it.
In all seriousness, a moderate, high quality suspension kit with some accoutrements, 35" All Terrains and some light body armor will do a great job of serving daily driver/weekend warrior duty. A JK is one of the few vehicles that allow you to walk the line between off road beastie and wife approved grocery getter. Just do your research from a whole vehicle perspective, talk to some experts who deal with this stuff for a living. A lot of people hop in the interwebs and get all spun up about how to make their Jeep all "HARD CORE, BRO" and end up with something that's a little more modified and high maintenance than they really needed it to be, all for that extra couple of points on an RTI ramp that the internet claimed they had to have.

Quick Reply: Piecing together a lift kit....advise, experience?