Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

plasti dipping wheels...question

Old 08-19-2012, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plasti dipping wheels...question

For those of you who have done, did you do the backs of the wheels as well? Seems one would need to as they are visable from the rear. How many cans did you use total on the five wheels? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody? Bump...
Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried it on my spare but just ended up ripping it off. I don't think you need to do the backside though, wouldn't even be noticeable.
You can always spray the front let it dry, hold it up and look if the silver on the very inside will be seen. My guess is you wont even notice it.
good luck
Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search it man lol

I used 3 cans of bed liner and i only did the front not the inside
Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 AM
JK Newbie

I did mine and i loved it it took 5 cans to do 5 wheels and the front grille. I didn't do the back side and it looked great one tip is to put a quarter in each lug nut hole and when you get done painting them take the quarters out and the plasti dip will not rip off from you tightening the lug nuts in. Also be careful when installing them back the lug wrench will make it peel as well. I didn't paint my lug nuts or my center caps. I also took each one off the jeep to paint them took me about 3 hours for all of it and about a 12 pack of beer. I liked it so much i made them permanent with duplicator VHT paint. Happy painting.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used about 3 1/2 cans and did all 5 wheels, with 4 coats. Didn't do the backside and it looks fine, the overspray covered that area. I've had them about 3 months now and they are holding up good. I've been over several of the passes in the Ouray area (including Black Bear Pass) .

Quick Reply: plasti dipping wheels...question