Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please don't laugh...really dummy question

Old 09-25-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take pictures of the springs, shocks, and control arms, then post them here. With that we should be able to tell what type of lift and then get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good eitherway
Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

If it's a budget boost, You'll have a metal (or plastic) spacer at the top side of the springs. Measure the thickness of the spacer & that's the lift. Most BB's are 2 inches though.

On a spring lift, measure the distance from the center of the wheel to the fender on all four tires & write that down. Then drive to the dealership & take the exact same measurements on a stock jeep. Tire size will not affect this measurement, so it doesn't matter that the stock jeep has different tires/wheels.

The exact height of the lift will be different depending on the manufacturer & what ele you have weighing down your jeep (i.e. winch, bumpers, etc).
Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. But it doesn't look like it has any where close to a 3 in lift on it though. Could be wrong, don't know. Post some more pictures of the suspension, front and back please.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

take a lot of pics, we will figure it out for you.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your rig looks great man! x2 on the taking of pictures of your shocks, coils and control arms, to figure out what kind of lift (or if you have one)...

If you have a budget boost (with a spacer in top of your coils/springs), then you obviously have your stock coils, and the stock coils have a plastic tag in the middle of them. Blue for the driver's side and magenta for the passenger (if I remember correctly)....
Old 09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for the willingness to help! I am a school teacher and am in the classroom right now (haha) but i will take more detailed pictures soon and post them. stay tuned...
Old 09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender in the front of the jeep stock is about 20 inches or so
Old 09-25-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Looks good man, I'd say its a 2.5 bb judging by your rear fender flares...might wanna look into some wheel spacers to widen your track it looks like those rims use the stock backspacing. I agree with BMccool about the measuring tape thing. That or next time your at the dealer measure one on the lot and compare, just remember to subtract the height of the tires (1/2'' for saharas?).
Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Since the vehicle is an '07 the dealer probably didn't install the lift so they won't know the details.

As others have said. Aside from measuring the height of the roof at the front and the back, pictures of the suspension or identifying part numbers can help.

If you go to the Show and Tell Section there is a thread with lots of photos of 33" tires with different type of lifts. I think you will be able to tell from there that it doesn't appear that you have a 3" lift.

Quick Reply: Please don't laugh...really dummy question