Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please don't laugh...really dummy question

Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very easy. Just follow this write-up:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...r-installation
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

Aside from the bracket, the red springs and white shocks are a giveway for the Skyjacker kit, unless it was painted after the fact, although Rancho used to use that color scheme.

That is a sweet looking JK. If the price was right, it is all goodness!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroad
Very easy. Just follow this write-up:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...r-installation
This looks awesome and seems to be exactly what i need. Thanks for the heads up. My only question is which diff. cover do I order to replace the stock JK one? There are many options and i don't want to order the wrong one...

I should totally rename this thread "the complete overhaul and repair/rebuild of my new jk..." haha
Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spinlock
Aside from the bracket, the red springs and white shocks are a giveway for the Skyjacker kit, unless it was painted after the fact, although Rancho used to use that color scheme.

That is a sweet looking JK. If the price was right, it is all goodness!
It's all goodness alright... I traded my Solstice for $2K above book value and got the JK for $2K below book value. Just happened upon a Honda dealership that hadn't sold many cars that week and really wanted to make a deal. Right place at the right time. And the Jeep was well built before I got a hold of it...just the extras being done now (and simple repairs / reinforcements). It drives great! Thanks...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trumpet8va
This looks awesome and seems to be exactly what i need. Thanks for the heads up. My only question is which diff. cover do I order to replace the stock JK one? There are many options and i don't want to order the wrong one...

I should totally rename this thread "the complete overhaul and repair/rebuild of my new jk..." haha
All you need is some RTV sealant... you can get that at any auto parts store. You reuse the stock diff cover.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Make sure you get high temperature RTV sealant. A lot of people don't think about the high heat involved in a differential, but trust me, it's there. Permatex Ultra Black is good. It won't look stupid and leave a red ring stickin out around the diff cover like the high temp red sealant.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trumpet8va

Reuse the stock one. The write-up was just to show you the "how to"
Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not necessarily

Many lifts do not compensate for the rake so it could be a coil lift too.

Originally Posted by w squared
Looks like you've still got the "JK Rake" which suggests to me that it's a budget boost or a body lift. Your best bet is call the dealer and ask him/them.

Or...find someone local that knows Jeeps.

Or...take a bunch of detailed pics of the suspension and let all of us web wheelers here play "pin the tail on the suspension manufacturer."

Quick Reply: Please don't laugh...really dummy question