Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please help with my rim/tire/lift combo

Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbee

im also in the same boat i just bought an 07 Sahara 2 dr 6 speed with 3.21 gearing :/ i dont know much about off set and back spacing.. i know im getting 3 in zone lift with crager soft 8 and procomp xtreme all terrians the tire size is going to be a 33x11.22xr16.. so my question is, are the 33x11.22r16 going to look funny and also i need help getting rim offset and back spacing any help would be awesome.. thanks alot
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by otservice

1. Your backspacing is almost stock spacing, which isn't want you want if you want to run wider/tall tires. You want 4.5" or less backspacing on aftermarket rims. Maybe see if you can swap the rims for the right backspacing or buy spacers.
2. You don't need to regear. You might want 35s, cause after you get 33s you'll want 35s the next day.
3. You don't need a body lift. If you get 2.5-3" of lift from that kit, that's enough to clear 33s or 35s. With flat fenders you could run 37s.
X2.
All things being equal, the difference between 33" and 35" wheels with 4.10s is 300 rpms with the 35s turning slower than 33 at the same highway speed. Just keep over-drive off so the tranny isn't hunting for the correct gear. Also understand that once you start building your dream rig, you will start losing mpg.

Quick Reply: Please help with my rim/tire/lift combo