Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay

Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one of these in this weekend. After connecting the two yellow wires it was a 10 minute install just as discussed in this thread. Awesome feature for $100.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered one of these for Xmas from Advanced Auto Security on Amazon. It came correctly wired for my 2007 Wrangler - no splicing or cutting of wires required. Took 10 minutes to remove the three torx bolts and two 10mm bolts to get to the plug and five minutes to plug the unit in and do the quick setup steps (included with the unit).

It works EXACTLY as described, including the brief unlock/relock step during startup.

Steps I did (while they are fresh in my head);
  1. Remove the trim panel below the steering column by pulling it straight out on both sides.
  2. Remove the two 10mm bolts and remove the steel cover plate.
  3. Remove the three torx bolts from the steering column/key cover and remove the lower section.
  4. Unplug all of the connectors from the EVO unit.
  5. Unplug the factory immobilizer.
  6. Plug the T harness into the factory immobilizer.
  7. Plug the Jeep harness into the T harness.
  8. Hold the button down on the EVO and plug in the 4 pin data link (black) plug.
  9. Release the button when the blue light is on.
  10. Plug all of the remaining connectors into the EVO unit.
  11. Turn the ignition on (blue LED will flash).
  12. Turn the ignition off (blue LED will flash).
  13. Press the lock button on the key remote (blue LED will turn off).
  14. Zip tie the unit in place and reassemble everything.

I read through this post a number of times and it seems most of the problems/confusion comes about with units that have not been pre-wired (or flashed) specifically for the Wrangler. Mine was 100% 'plug and play'.

I did not wire up the park lights even thought it looked pretty straightforward - didn't see the need (but I may at some point).
Old 12-27-2015, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at this thread last year and was very skeptical, but also really would like to do this to my 2008. seems like there really is not any bad or negative feed back for these, other than not getting it plug and play ready. is there a part # you could share? I want to order this but definitely don't want to order the wrong one. thanks..

I just realized that we don't live to far from each other..

Last edited by DAN E; 12-27-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAN E
is there a part # you could share? I want to order this but definitely don't want to order the wrong one. thanks..

I just realized that we don't live to far from each other..
I know they can be funny about links to non-forum sponsors here, but I see where others have posted Amazon links, so....

Amazon.com : Factory OEM Remote Activated Plug and Play Remote Start for JEEP WRANGLER : Electronics

PM me if you ended up getting one and have any questions - be happy to help.

Quick Reply: Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay