Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay

Old 02-02-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonP
Will this work with a aftermarket remote security system or do you need oem
If you install an after market alarm you will need a module such as the Fortin Bypass everyone is getting. We have just lucked out with the fact it operates as a remote start on Jeeps. I installed mine back in November and cold weather was starting to hit. I have a 6 speed in my rubi and set mine up using a relay so it will work with the 6 speed. I used the parking brake as the ground for the relay tapped a 12v accessory source and then used the relay into tricking the system that the clutch was depressed. I am the only one that drives my jeep so I am not worried about it being left in gear and someone trying to start it.

I have the Fortin programmer as I wanted to get internal on the bypass module and see what all was there to play with. I also have a Bitwriter for Directed. I find it a lot easier to spend a few bucks and look at a screen to see what I am changing rather then try to count light flashes or what ever a lot of these companies do.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dogger
Thanks for the heads up, I rolled the dice and snagged one...
I received mine, install time 11 minutes flat from start to finish! Everything met expectations... No regrets!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys, maybe I missed it but where are you purchasing these from? I have a 2013 sport with auto trans. If u guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Darthur24
Hey guys, maybe I missed it but where are you purchasing these from? I have a 2013 sport with auto trans. If u guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!
I posted a link to it on Amazon

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like a good deal but the 40$ shipping charge to Canada just kills it. Hopefully it pops back up on ebay, that dude had 10$ shipping.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Video of Wrangler install. Just need to see the first part where he hooks up the Evo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4RDqCFx7k
Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems pretty straight forward. I ordered a kit for my 07. I was a little hesitant bc there was a different Mopar kit for the 07 that required an additional fob and couldn't use the factory key. I emailed the amazon seller and he said it will work. I'll report back after I install this in case anyone else had the same question.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Do both keys work once the unit is programmed?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by petenice15
Seems pretty straight forward. I ordered a kit for my 07. I was a little hesitant bc there was a different Mopar kit for the 07 that required an additional fob and couldn't use the factory key. I emailed the amazon seller and he said it will work. I'll report back after I install this in case anyone else had the same question.
If you look at fortin's list they are calling the 07 a TJ which we all know it is a JK. It does in fact work with the 07 as I am using the evo all in my vehicle just for the remote start function. I had ordered a remote start and the evo all to bypasss the factory anti theft and allow me to remote start it. After getting the kit and playing with it, I had to pick up the programmer to enable the stand alone remote start function on it. That may be where some people are running into issues with when picking them up from other then someone who is going in with the programmer to enable to the remote start portion. It works with 3 pushes of the factory remotes lock button.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Primus
Looks like a good deal but the 40$ shipping charge to Canada just kills it. Hopefully it pops back up on ebay, that dude had 10$ shipping.
Funny thing, the box says Made In Canada. Maybe can find an alternate seller up there, or even direct.

Quick Reply: Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay