Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post lift install: Advice

Old 07-06-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post lift install: Advice

Ok so I spent my holiday weekend putting a 2.5 inch BB lift on the Jeep and I replaced the coils and shocks (13/53) with some Rubi takeoffs (17/59). All said and done it nows sits 4 1/2 inches higher in front and 4 inches higher in back, nice and level.

After installing the lift I have read people recommend loosening the suspension and then re-tightening with it on the ground. What items should be loosened and tightened to get it to properly set and remove any binding?

Pics coming soon ...
Old 07-06-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of your control arm and tracbar bolts should be loosened and retorqued.

Loosen them all then rock the jeep some let it settle then torque everything to spec. Google jk torque specs and there is a writeup on project jk
Old 07-06-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

tracbar bolts (both axle and frame side) front and rear. Upper and Lower control arm bolts too, although I'm sure you didn't mess with any of those.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

With that lift height, you could just wait and do it when you put the new adj trackbars and adj control arms on. And the longer links. And the extended brakelines. And the flip. And the new driveshaft(s).

Quick Reply: Post lift install: Advice