Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Series 8179 Polished Alloy Wheel, will it fit?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp Series 8179 Polished Alloy Wheel, will it fit?

i'm in the market for new tires and wheels, not a huge budget, somewhere around $1500. I figured i would spend as little as possible for black alloy wheels and the rest will go to tires. i found the Pro Comp Series 8179 Polished Alloy Wheel on a jeep website for 118.00 ea. and i'm looking at the 16x8 with a -11mm offset and a 4" backspace. I have a stock suspension and no wheel spacers. i just need to know if these will fit? i'm looking at a 285/75/R16 tires and i'm sure these will JUST clear everything i'm just a little aprehensive about the clearance of the rim. anyone with insight will be much appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get hold of Bryan at 4WD, Bustabizz on the site. I got my ProComp alloys through him.

I think your tires will rub on the fenders when they're stuffed with no lift (stock bumpstops). You'll be fine on the street, though.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Series 8179 Polished Alloy Wheel, will it fit?