Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

problem with steering

Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with steering

I helped a friend install an Aussie locker. This is my 5th Aussie locker I have installed. Tolerances were in spec and did final test to ensure it unlocks.

After we put the front axle back together and took it for a test drive it had acted a squirrely. if I turn from side to side the front end will dip on the driver's side. He came over tonight and I took it out for a test drive. I went over a bump and turned it, and there was a grinding sound coming from the driver side wheel. I have not had a chance to look at in any detail, but wanted to get some ideas before I started taking apart the wheel tomorrow.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 02-26-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

bump... help
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok... he brought the jeep over tonight and I found that the u-joint on the driver side was loose inside the caps. I am not sure if that is causing the problem, but I will know more tomorrow.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 02-27-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Just in case anyone wants to know the final outcome... the rear track bar was broken at the axle. Problem solved.

Strange thing was... no death wobble.

Quick Reply: problem with steering