Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ProComp tuned lift issues

Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProComp tuned lift issues

I recently self installed the ProComp 2.5" tuned suspension. The install went well but I have come across a few issues. The front springs arc slightly inwards and rub on the frame under load. It's very minor but annoying none the less. Also, Procomp uses a spacer bracket system to relocate front swaybar. This seemed cool till i realized it pushes the electronic sway bar disconnect system down 2". this puts it in harms way and wont let me put on a skid plate. I think I am going to toss the spacer brackets and change the disconnects to fit. Does anyone have an idea on the springs? Is it an install issue or a design flaw? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Quick question....did you properly install the front springs into their perches correctly? They only sit in there one way...just asking because I look at the simple stuff first.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rocky Clymer
Quick question....did you properly install the front springs into their perches correctly? They only sit in there one way...just asking because I look at the simple stuff first.
Excellent question. The answer is, I don't know. It looked right and the springs sit in the poly seats just fine. Is it an right side up question or rotation of the spring question?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a pic. The bottom tail of the spring sits in a perch. If one or both springs are seated incorrectly it can cause problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2133491057.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	446648  
Old 04-13-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

The spring arnt perched correctly
Old 04-13-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

You guys are right! I just went out and checked. Both springs need to be spun 45 degrees to put the end in that little pocket you showed me in the photo. I am doing that first thing in the am! Thank you so much for the guidance! You guys rock.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys!! I went out this am and spun the springs on the perches like you pointed out. The arc is gone and there is no rubbing. If you are ever in Colorado Springs, I will buy you a beer. Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

I had a 4 inch pro comp installed and there is a slight arc in the front springs is that normal on taller springs..
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Chris Gonzalez
Thanks guys!! I went out this am and spun the springs on the perches like you pointed out. The arc is gone and there is no rubbing. If you are ever in Colorado Springs, I will buy you a beer. Thanks again.
This us what jeeping us all about

Quick Reply: ProComp tuned lift issues