Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pulled the trigger today....

Old 12-19-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger today....

Went witht he BDS kit with front lower adj control arms and 35 x 12.5 km2s on 8179 pro comps. I want to thank everyone who replied and help me make the choices and the guidence from these forums. I am and will always be a big supporter of these forums and have made alot of friends here. Good people here. I decided on BDs because ive driven and ridden in a few jk's in my 4wheel club with them and was impressed witht he experiance. And the front lowers will heklp me avoid those nasty cam bolts. Thanks again and ill be posting pics as soon as all the work is done. as well as a full report on the performance on road and off.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

are you kidding me? after all the hubbub, polls, pm's and you telling everyone to "vote for a winner and you will get that lift" - you now go with this kit?!! this is of course after even after an overwhelming amount of people recommended you go with something else??

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/help-me-decide-sick-lurking-65350/

well, more power to you and i'm glad that you're no longer pulling your hair out of your head

EDIT: sorry, i see that you made a change to original post to now exclude the part about going with whatever everyone recommended
Old 12-19-2008, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cant wait to see it man, I bet its going to look good......
Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

i know, i know, and i am no longer pullin gthe hair out of my head. BDS and SUPERLIFT are not sponsors of this forum and for that reason dont get alot of attention. And i knwo tera flex makes an awesoem kit. And if i did mess up it soemthign iw ill haev to live with. But the guys in my city all swear by the choice ive made and im going to have to live with it. Like i said i will make apost of the outcome and if it is a horrible one WOL you will be the first to know and i will preach it on the mountains. I jsut feel like im going to get mroe flex out of 3 inches versus a 2.5 and the BDS kit (excluding the cambolts) comes pretty well packaged. I havent spent anymoney yet not till monday anyway. Please tell me why i should go teraflex over the BDS tell me why and whati need to complete the kit. Thanksa gain.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Be sure to post- sounds like you've thought it through. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by rubican!
i know, i know, and i am no longer pullin gthe hair out of my head. BDS and SUPERLIFT are not sponsors of this forum and for that reason dont get alot of attention. And i knwo tera flex makes an awesoem kit. And if i did mess up it soemthign iw ill haev to live with. But the guys in my city all swear by the choice ive made and im going to have to live with it. Like i said i will make apost of the outcome and if it is a horrible one WOL you will be the first to know and i will preach it on the mountains. I jsut feel like im going to get mroe flex out of 3 inches versus a 2.5 and the BDS kit (excluding the cambolts) comes pretty well packaged. I havent spent anymoney yet not till monday anyway. Please tell me why i should go teraflex over the BDS tell me why and whati need to complete the kit. Thanksa gain.
LOL!! please don't misunderstand me as i'm sure you will be happy with whatever you get. i was just under the impression that you really were sincerely struggling to decide on what kit to go with. looking back at all the pm's you sent me, i don't ever recall you once asking about the kit you ultimately chose to go with and, i don't recall ever trying to push you with one company over another - maybe a BB over a coil lift but only because of the concerns you had expressed. needless to say, i have to say that i am puzzled with your decision but hey, it is yours to make.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

well i trust you guys. I kinda feel like i am gettign alittle pushed intot he bds kit. THe installer jsut said the tera flex kit didnt look as complete as the BDS but it is ultimatly my descision. You have to understand this is my first lift ona jeep ever. So i will ask this again and depending on your answer iw ill make the changes 2.5 tera with shocks or BDS 3 with shocks? I SWEAR last time i ever ask lol. I jsut wanna make sure i have no rubbign and do not want to do a body lift. Thats why i decided on the 3 incher.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by rubican!
well i trust you guys. I kinda feel like i am gettign alittle pushed intot he bds kit. THe installer jsut said the tera flex kit didnt look as complete as the BDS but it is ultimatly my descision. You have to understand this is my first lift ona jeep ever. So i will ask this again and depending on your answer iw ill make the changes 2.5 tera with shocks or BDS 3 with shocks? I SWEAR last time i ever ask lol. I jsut wanna make sure i have no rubbign and do not want to do a body lift. Thats why i decided on the 3 incher.
the teraflex kit didn't look as complete? are you kidding me? both kits come with the exact same parts with the exception of cam bolts not being included with the teraflex lift and the teraflex kit is about $100 cheaper. if you ask me, your installer most likely either has the kit you bought in stock or gets a better profit margin on it and that's why they are pushing it on you. trust me, just about every shops does this and they are lying through their teeth if they try to tell you otherwise. but, that's really a moot point. the fact of the matter is, i'm sure you will be happy with either kit and that is the truth.

if there is a reason to go with teraflex, it would be because: 1. it is more affordable and the money you save can be forwarded towards control arms. 2. tons of people on this forum have it and can vouch for it's quality. and 3. teraflex spends a great deal on this forum and tries very hard to take care of their customers. if something were to go wrong with your kit, you know you could depend on them to help you out.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here, here to teraflex.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok. im going tera flex. Hands down. Here is what im getting.

2.5 coil kit with shocks
front lower adj control arms also tera flex
and jks front adj track bar.

Are the control amrs neccasay with the 2.5 or is it jsut a bonus to have them?

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger today....