Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pulled the trigger today....

Old 12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubican!
ok. im going tera flex. Hands down. Here is what im getting.

2.5 coil kit with shocks
front lower adj control arms also tera flex
and jks front adj track bar.

Are the control amrs neccasay with the 2.5 or is it jsut a bonus to have them?
Bonus to have. No kits out there really come with lowers at that height.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by benmar2000
X2 There is a shop here in the Charleston Area that PUSHES BDS lifts because that is what they sell.. And there are other shops that won't install any other lifts but BDS..

Here is my advice.. I have owned my JK for almost 2 years and this is the first lift I have installed on my JK.. I research the crap out of products..
Yup, you have to do your own research. There's too much conflict of interest. For this shop it could be that they get a better margin, they're familiar with the installation of the lift so they can do it easier, etc.

I'm sure it's a fine lift. But, that doesn't mean it's the best fit. I hope the OP's choice works out well for him.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick question are the backspacing of the pro comp 8179's (17 have 4.75) good for the tera kit? The instructions say no less the 4.5. Just curious if anyone had that set up
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

I am running the 16's with 4.5 inch backspacing. It is cheaper too. I dunno if you wanna save money.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 3" BDS and love it. Congtats on your lift I see you let the forum change your mind.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

not just the forum. The leader of my club said that the BDS kit is a great Kit. But he feels like the Tera Flex Kit is gonna give me a better Highway ride and is jsut a little bit better quality. You will never here anyone say "i hate this kit it sucks" becasue you spend alot of money on your kit and dotn want to hear anythign like that. A fella in my club has the bds 3 on his jk with 33's and loves it. Ive ridden in it and wheeled in it and i have to admit it does perform well. But he had the trac bar that coems int he kit damaged some how and it wasnt from wheeling it was a defect. He contacted BDS (superlift) and they told him he would have to go to a dealer to get it warrantied. The dealer said that it wasnt a defect and tried to charge him 230 for a new BDS trac bar. Needless to say he went JKS and said that when he does go big it wont be a superlift kit. Way of life had a great point about these forums. Tera Flex Joe is always here and there are so many people that recomend and run this kit that i feel like in the long run im going to have a better experiance with it. I put up a poll and the tera kit beat out bds by 32 votes. Another thing is im sick of even thingking about it going back and forth with what to get. If this many people are pushing tera on me then i think i should listen. I love my rubicon and allthought i dont have 4 grand to monster truck it out i still want to buy quality to put under it. And at this point i think tera flex is better quality then BDS.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

One of the best advertisements is word of mouth. With great repsect to Terra Flex I chose Clayton due to the warranty factor and price wasn't of concern to me. My other choice was Terra Flex. Regardless of what people say and as you stated before you make the ultimate decision and then you have to live with it. With Kick Butt customer service and Joe on here answering any questions you may have and with fast results where can you go wrong?? and you can always upgrade the TF kit as you go from the starter kit untill you have everything adjustable. people are always going to say you are going with there decision but we think you should get this or that kit. Think of the longrun who's gonna help you out the most effectively with the best results, best customer service, and at a better price????? TF or BDS who is willing to be there to help you out most??? well good luck with your decision and get pics as soon as you get it on your JK...
Old 12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
JK Freak

Look in Terraflex's profile and download the 2008 catalog. It has everything that Terra sells and it has the prices in there as well. You can take a look at several different 2.5" and 3" lifts that Terra offers. I'm sure you will have a great experience going with Terra.

(I'm debating on Terra or Clayton at the moment)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubican!
quick question are the backspacing of the pro comp 8179's (17 have 4.75) good for the tera kit? The instructions say no less the 4.5. Just curious if anyone had that set up
That's the question i need answered.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

As far as backspacing goes, how will the ProComp Series 152 Simulated beadlock wheels work out with the same TeraFlex 2.5 setup. The wheels are 16 x 8 with a 3.75 backspacing...does this mean they will just stick out more? or less? I don't really understand the whole backspacing thing.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger today....