Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

putting a Rubi front D44 in an X

Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting a Rubi front D44 in an X

Ok. David at Northridge4x4 said he should have my front D44 out of his Rubi and shipped out to me by friday. I am a little confused about how to wire up the locker in my X. Anyone know where I can find a write up on this? I've found one on another forum that has some of the info I need but not everything.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this same swap with my X. I installed a toggle switch on the dash with a 5amp fuse in between the locker and toggle switch. The power to the toggle switch has a inline fuse. The other locker wire is grounded to the frame. Very easy to do, make sure you have extra wire so when you flex you do uninstall the wiring.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I just did that swap both front and back and tried the factory harness and switch and found out you can't do it that way so I will be adding a couple of new dash switches for my lockers. If you do a search there are some good write ups on doing this the hardest part from what I have seen is finding the same plug for wiring on the axle.
I forgot to mention that I bought a new harness and cut off the end that I needed. I then sold the other end to my co-worker to offset the cost on it.

Quick Reply: putting a Rubi front D44 in an X