Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

QQ: Hi Lift jack height?

Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QQ: Hi Lift jack height?

I need to purchase a Hi Lift Jack after lifting 2012 JK 2.5 w/ 35s. Whhis Hi Lift Jck should I get? 42 or 48? Which is most common?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

48" is most common. They are for offroad use only and even then, can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. If you're just looking for a jack to change a tire, pick up a bottle jack or, as I did, use the AEV jack base with the stock scissor jack. Works perfectly!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
48" is most common. They are for offroad use only and even then, can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. If you're just looking for a jack to change a tire, pick up a bottle jack or, as I did, use the AEV jack base with the stock scissor jack. Works perfectly!
Thanks for info. Is the Jack base sufficient to use on trails? If so, then that does make more sense. It just seemed like the Hi Lift jack was more popular..
Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the AEV base and it's a quality piece. Very useful and easy to store as it's molded to fit in the rear cubby. The same can be achieved with a 1 foot long piece of pressure treated 6X6 or 4X4 but doesn't store as easily.

The Highlift is a very versatile tool for winching ,spreading, lifting etc., but can be dangerous. They are useless on factory plastic bumpers.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbogan

Thanks for info. Is the Jack base sufficient to use on trails? If so, then that does make more sense. It just seemed like the Hi Lift jack was more popular..
Depends on the trail. I have both, the AEV base tucks nicely out of the way in the rear storage cubby as well.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2

Originally Posted by afpilot82
I also have the AEV jack base. Works great both on road and on trail. The best option to use with stock jack on 35" tires. More stable, lighter and easier to store than a couple of 2x6 blocks. Stores in cubby hole (at least on my 2010 JKUS).

AEV Conversions 40306002AA - AEV Jack Base for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Also see "Installation instructions" on that link for a picture of how it stores. I read somewhere that it may need to be trimmed a bit for later model JKs.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

NICE...thank you for ^^^^^^everyones input. I am ordering the AEV base right now. Great learning!!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
I also have the AEV jack base. Works great both on road and on trail. The best option to use with stock jack on 35" tires. More stable, lighter and easier to store than a couple of 2x6 blocks. Stores in cubby hole (at least on my 2010 JKUS).

AEV Conversions 40306002AA - AEV Jack Base for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Also see "Installation instructions" on that link for a picture of how it stores. I read somewhere that it may need to be trimmed a bit for later model JKs.

$56... Really? Well, I'll keep the 2x6's... And if needed, I'll at least have dry fire starter.

Last edited by ACP TED; 09-07-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: QQ: Hi Lift jack height?