Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quadratecs modular skid plate

Old 05-15-2018, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadratecs modular skid plate

Does anyone have them and how do they hold up?
Old 05-15-2018, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I don't have these, so I can't speak to them, but they are not cheap, and what I would be asking is do you want a skid with a big Q on it, or do you want a skid the likes of Metalcloak, Artec, GenRight, River Raider, Rock Hard, Synergy, or any other various quality manufacturer of parts that is getting out there and being bashed on extreme rigs? I have no doubt they'd be better than nothing, and perfectly fine for light wheelin......but in that regard, probably not even necessary if that is the use.

I'm an objective person....so I'll say one thing I did notice about the design.....they cover up the gap between the back of the TC and the evap where most leave a gap between the TC and Evap skid. That said, the evap should just be relocated if you're wheelin' hard. Also, they sure leave a lot of bolt heads sitting out there to get chewed up.

Quick Reply: quadratecs modular skid plate