Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question About Teraflex BB

Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the TF BB initially came out, it did not include either the frame mounted trackbar drop bracket or the longer rear swaybar links. As each was added to the kit, they were made available to previous purchasers of the BB for a nominal cost. I took advantage of that when each was added, and still have the longer swaybar links in the rear and the rear OEM links in the front on my Rubi, although the BB is long gone. I can see no negative to using the swaybar links provided, and would recommend using them to restore the swaybar angle to near stock after the BB is installed.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is a sahara, so no quick disconnects, my questions is can i bypass the drop down bracket and just install the sway bar links?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bbhockey19
Well I guess Rims and Tires are not getting installed tomorrow. With installing the new Rear Sway bar end links is it necessary to install the new drop bracket, because Eddies directions dont tell you but Teraflex does?
Install the rear drop bracket, it centers the axle. Just follow the Teraflex directions and everything will be right. The only thing they don't mention that I would recommend is to cut off any extra bolt length on the sway bar bolts after everything is tight. This makes syre they don't catch on you're tires when fully stuffed. Depending on you're wheel backspacing, it might not matter.

Last edited by Cpt. Flapjack; 05-08-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Mine is a sahara, so no quick disconnects, my questions is can i bypass the drop down bracket and just install the sway bar links?
The drop down bracket is to center the rear trackbar. The longer links are to level out the swaybar. Two different suspension components.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

correct since I Have the BB installed for a week without changing the sway bar links and the drop down bracket, Can I leave everything installed just jack up the car replace sway bar links and but old back ones in the front and replace rears with the ones given and install the drop down bracket?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

correct since I Have the BB installed for a week without changing the sway bar links and the drop down bracket, Can I leave everything installed just jack up the car replace sway bar links and but old back ones in the front and replace rears with the ones given and install the drop down bracket?
Yep, that's all you need to do.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Yep!

Quick Reply: Question About Teraflex BB