Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on exhaust spacers for '12

Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on exhaust spacers for '12

I'm looking at exhaust spacers for when I put my lift on my '12 jku and I've found the Rugged Ridge ones for $25 and the next closest ones are double the price.

Is there any significant increase in quality? Anyone that has the Rugged Ridge ones had one fail or any other problems?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

I'm not sure I went ahead with the Teraflex ones they look better built in design than the RR ones.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spacers came with my BDS lift and look exactly like the ones that we installed on my buddies with the 2.5 TerraFlex kit. If you have a 4 door, look for a welded stopper on the y-pipe where you loosen the clamp to slide the exhaust rearward. If you have that stopper on there, you will need to cut or grind it off in order to slide the rear section of the exhaust back towards the front to keep it from rattling on your rear sway bar. Good luck with your build.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MudBather
The spacers came with my BDS lift and look exactly like the ones that we installed on my buddies with the 2.5 TerraFlex kit. If you have a 4 door, look for a welded stopper on the y-pipe where you loosen the clamp to slide the exhaust rearward. If you have that stopper on there, you will need to cut or grind it off in order to slide the rear section of the exhaust back towards the front to keep it from rattling on your rear sway bar. Good luck with your build.
A chisel and hammer works the tack weld breaks off very easy
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rugged ridge exhaust spacer and it works fine. I wouldn't spend anymore than what the rugged ridge cost.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor

The Rugged Ridge work just fine. The other alternative (which is the better way to go) is to replace the front driveshaft. I understand the wallet doesn't always like that suggestion but that is always my 1st recommendation.

PM us if you would like us to put together a package deal for you.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought spacers.. started to try to back the bolts, sheared the head off. The one up high above the loop is a bit tricky to get to. So then spent 100 bucks taking it into a shop to have them cut and torch out the old one and put in new bolts.(plus 2 hours of my time) Didnt bother with the spacers at that point. Decided, id wait until the boot rips then bolt in a new driveshaft instead. id recommend the same. So far my 2.5"budget boost is clearing everything.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you man my spacers leaked so I took them off and I think they that have hurt my gas mileage from that leak. I and when I need a new driveshaft I will get one. Best way to do it. Also my dynomax exhaust actually fits now
Old 09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jekyll2000
I have the rugged ridge exhaust spacer and it works fine. I wouldn't spend anymore than what the rugged ridge cost.
thanks, that's what I was looking for!

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
The Rugged Ridge work just fine. The other alternative (which is the better way to go) is to replace the front driveshaft. I understand the wallet doesn't always like that suggestion but that is always my 1st recommendation. PM us if you would like us to put together a package deal for you.
thanks, pm sent

Quick Reply: Question on exhaust spacers for '12