Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions on a Teraflex kit and safety

Old 09-07-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions on a Teraflex kit and safety

I read a JPMagazine article online and from my opinion the 4" teraflex shortarm 4" kit appeared to be highly recommended. It had the best road mannerisms and virtually zero bumpsteer etc. The article is at:

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/suspension/154_0709_september_2007_jk_suspension_test/index.html

This kit appears to be this one:

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/ter...rm-system.html

Here comes my question, this kit doesn't come with a steer arm relocation which moves the steering arm link from the bottom of the knuckle steer arm to above it. I have seen this which allows your steering arm link to be parallel with your track bar. This is supposed to cure death wobble and bump steer I believe.

What do you think? Do you know if this teraflex kit makes the steering arm link and track bar link parallel?

I just want a 4" kit that has excellent road mannerisms, can accomodate a 37 inch tire is extremely safe, and I dont want to have any bump steer or death wobble ever! Oh its for a 4 door unlimited.

Thanks!

Last edited by Robar; 09-07-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: EDITED DIRECT LINK
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

The kit doesn't have any provisions to take care of this problem, however Terflex does make a add on kit to flip the drag link and lower the trackbar.

The TF 4" is very complete and handles very well.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 4" system also the way the kit come from teraflex I had no problem with steering what so ever

I did upgrade to the forge trac bar for the front due to I had the 1 design trac bar with the small ball in it.

even with that I still have no problem what so ever with bumpsteer or death wobble would get the "hi steer" kit help any i dont know would it be nice to get linkage up out of the way sure
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Calling Joe from Teraflex, calling Joe from Teraflex,.............come in Joe.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I love my 4" Tera, I got the Lower COntrol arms, I did have to get new drive shafts but those were going to have to come anyway.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbilly
Calling Joe from Teraflex, calling Joe from Teraflex,.............come in Joe.
You rang?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-frame-brace-trackbar-drop-bracket-hd-flip-draglink-kit-53724/
Check out this thread on our new Flip kit. I had for a long time just a forged trackbar on mine and it drove great. Added this kit and it handles even better.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Joe,

Does the long arm drive better on the street compeared to the shortarm or is it just better foroff-road and flex?

Do the kits come with longer brake lines (i cant tell?) and are the brake lines stainless steel or rubber?

I want to keep by 37x12.5 tires and rims close as possible to stock (i.e. scrub radius) so that my driveability is very good. So what rim width and offset do you recommend that will not give me any rub. I dont mind doing a bit of trimming on the inside fenders or bumpers I can do that.

I plan to buy the front and rear driveshaft as wel las the flip arm and drag link kit. Do you have sales sometimes or is it possible to get a discount if I order a bunch at once? lol! hey I had to ask!

Erik
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by metaulic
Joe,

Does the long arm drive better on the street compeared to the shortarm or is it just better foroff-road and flex?

Do the kits come with longer brake lines (i cant tell?) and are the brake lines stainless steel or rubber?

I want to keep by 37x12.5 tires and rims close as possible to stock (i.e. scrub radius) so that my driveability is very good. So what rim width and offset do you recommend that will not give me any rub. I dont mind doing a bit of trimming on the inside fenders or bumpers I can do that.

I plan to buy the front and rear driveshaft as wel las the flip arm and drag link kit. Do you have sales sometimes or is it possible to get a discount if I order a bunch at once? lol! hey I had to ask!

Erik
Yes the Long Arm drives/handles better on the street compared to a short arm. Also the it flex better offroad and handles great. Yes longer stainless brakelines are with the 4" kits.

I have 37x12.5x17 Cooper STT tires with rims that have 4.5" bs on them with a 17x10 wheel. I have not trim anything other than the pinch seem in front of the rear tire. Rarely have I rubbed. I love the flip kit with the Forged Trackbar/DragLink. Sorry you gotta beat up a vendor for a better price!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have sales sometimes or is it possible to get a discount if I order a bunch at once? lol! hey I had to ask!
I know a guy you can call

David
Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

David I will ask you for a quote in a month or so because I see that you are from Washington. I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada so you are pretty close by! I think I may not have to pay tax on your items and only at 5% duty at the border and I can drive over and pick it up myself. I think it will be worth it. Ill look into it! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Questions on a Teraflex kit and safety